heater valve etc

-

mikess68

Reaction score
please help:.
i sure could use some under hood pics of a 72 swinger heater valve, where its located, how, etc. mine did not have one when i got it. it is a factory ac car. everthing else is there.
Q1, did it have a heater valve to interrupt the water flow to the heater core
Q2. what it looks like (factory) where its mounted
and anything else that would help. im ready to put back together

as you send me a pic of under the hood, what is the small chrome electronic box that is on the firewall to the right of the brake booster. about the size of a cig. package. ?

thanks ahead of time

please help:.
i sure could use some under hood pics of a 72 swinger heater valve, where its located, how, etc. mine did not have one when i got it. it is a factory ac car. everthing else is there.
Q1, did it have a heater valve to interrupt the water flow to the heater core
Q2. what it looks like (factory) where its mounted
and anything else that would help. im ready to put back together

as you send me a pic of under the hood, what is the small chrome electronic box that is on the firewall to the right of the brake booster. about the size of a cig. package. ?

thanks ahead of time

A1: Yes. Factory A/C cars have a vacuum operated heater control valve.
A2: Here's a photo of one that's rusted out, but located in the right place.

IMG_5066c.JPG

thank you! that helped a lot. its amazing how such a little item can hold up the whole production. thanks once again:cheers:

If you a looking to buy a new heater control valve, this guy may have one. I bought one for my 67 Dart, Central Jersey Motor Parts-cjmotorparts.com.

Dave

Here are 2 other places you can try-

Silke's Auto Parts, Jacksonville, FL 904-737-8600.

Valley Vintage Auto Parts, Brunswick, OH 440-355-4085.

Hope this helps some.

Dave

If you don't have to have one with 100% original appearance, you can still inexpensively get a metal one (Four Seasons #74690) or a noncorroding plastic one (Four Seasons #74803) from any local auto parts store that stocks Four Seasons, or from rockauto.com .

-
Back