Heavy duty trans mount?????

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
Putting a 360 Magnum with a 904 with a reverse manual valve body in a 70 Dart and the stock style trans crossmember rubber mount doesn't look like it's going to cut it. I would appreciate recommendations for a really good mount that doesn't cost a fortune.

i would just replace it with a stock rubber one unless your in a climate where rubber crocks fast... like here in the heat...

all or you twisting force is taken up by the front to mounts... the trans mount is nothing more than to keep the trans level...

besides... you wouldn't want to firmly mount that aluminum case... great chance of cracking...

Why not upgrade to the later spool mount AND go with a poly mount? That would be pretty near bullitproof.

rubber and Magnum Force Interlocking front biscuit mounts

Seriously....I have broken 2 poly trans mounts, do not spend 80 dollars on that.
The trans needs to have some give at the tail for suspension/driveline movement
The stock rubber mount is fine as long as it is in good condition and not the same 40 year old piece.
I would, if you, look at a solid motor mount setup, at least for the drivers side.

Spool mount with a rubber mount and solid motor mounts should be plenty strong and still have some give for the trans.

Going to run a rubber buiscut mount and solid motor mounts on my Dart.

Torque strap help?

If you can tighten it so it pulls on the strap, we used to use a (forget the name of the device) and it would use a eye bolt at each end and we would tighten the middle section till it pulled the motor.

Then i just went with ears on everything, put in single wire alts mounted off the bottom left and german ps pumps mounted off the bottom right.
Also enabled repositioning the motor in the car easier

If you can tighten it so it pulls on the strap, we used to use a (forget the name of the device) and it would use a eye bolt at each end and we would tighten the middle section till it pulled the motor.

Then i just went with ears on everything, put in single wire alts mounted off the bottom left and german ps pumps mounted off the bottom right.
Also enabled repositioning the motor in the car easier

Heim joints... aka threaded rod ends. One end r.h. thread, the other l.h thread. I dont have problems with with clearance clarence:)laughing:). No power steering.

-
Back