Heavy Metal Dj's

-
lots of killer stuff listed , pretty sure Suicidal Tendancies evolved into rap act but it's amazing how many of the old acts are still around at least in part and in name . Sabbath , BOC and early Metallica account for most of the memory space on my smart phone along with some Priest and some Punk for balance .In fact I just downloaded a video of the world tour Maiden did where they refitted a jumbo jet to haul them and their equipment and flew themselves to all their gigs , the South American shows were like the monsters of rock days back when, just massive.

Suiciadal Tendecies,so forgotten.With Motley,Ratt and MTV,no chance to survive.Early Metallica,mind blowing.Those guys worked as hard as anyone.A.J.F.A was the payoff.Their last decent album, in my mind.

Old Metallica...Masters and earlier, can always listen to that **** when I can't decide what to listen to. I just downloaded Volbeat's Beyond Hell/Above Heaven and Five Finger Death Punch's War is the Answer,,,,good stuff! Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, WASP, Motorhead, Korn, Priest, Maiden, Godsmack are most of the heavier stuff I listen too. I grew up in the 80's and was also hooked on Crue, AC/DC, G&R, Ozzy, Poison, Warrent, Def Leppard, Metallica, Whitesnake and a few other hairbands.
It was sadtimes with the demise of the mullet and grunge hitting the airwaves,,,,90s sucked. I get a good laugh though when I see a dude sporting a mullet nowadays,,,no matter how cool we thought we looked back then, we really didn't...lol.

You guys have named every band i love so far. My favorite for the past few weeks is Five Finger Death Punch, I go back to them as much as i do Metallica great band

What I listen to now:

Metallica (mostly the old stuff)
Otep
Marilyn Manson (check out his latest album "Born Villain")
Mushroomhead
Slipknot
White Zombie
Rob Zombie
Black Label Society
Texas Hippie Coalition (THC)
Behemoth
on and on.....

What I grew up listening too:

Metallica
Motely Crue
Iron Maiden
Slayer
Ozzy
Sabbath
WASP
Manson
AC/DC
Cinderella
Dokken
Aerosmith
Dio (f**kn rocks!)
Accept
Scorpions
Juda Priest
Ratt
on and on....

funny how nobody ever list the band that mettalica etal claim as one of their biggest influence's Anvil -they were there at the beginning and steered the ship for years but never saw the mainstream fame of all the other bands you guy's mention .growing up in the Eastend of Toronto I could see a lot of these bands at the local bars any time I wanted just about , heck I saw Triumph for 5 bucks at the local high school man I am old

funny how nobody ever list the band that mettalica etal claim as one of their biggest influence's Anvil -they were there at the beginning and steered the ship for years but never saw the mainstream fame of all the other bands you guy's mention .growing up in the Eastend of Toronto I could see a lot of these bands at the local bars any time I wanted just about , heck I saw Triumph for 5 bucks at the local high school man I am old

Anvil??? That's in my shop.

Triumph??? That's the name of my motorcycle. lol

-
Back