Helgenson E tool

-

72DMag

Reaction score
Does anyone know the details about the Helgenson E tool to measure the pushrod pinch wall thickness for cylinder heads?? It looks like finding this tool is darn near impossible. Looking to buy or make something similar and I also posted in the wanted ad section but I am curious what everyone else is doing when porting?

I am porting a set of r/t cylinder heads and was smoothing out the pushrod bulge but then noticed an imperfection in the casting where the pinch is slightly thinner. Little nervous it might have been me that caused a hair too much to come off. Any help or advice is appreciated Thanks!!

unfortunately i am pretty sure Roger "DR. Air"Helgesen passed away in 2015? someone should keep on making them or revrerse engineer one if they had one to copy.

@el5dart I believe you are correct. :(If I knew the specs or had one to copy I'd do that but finding info on them is tough.

Take a pair of tongs and straighten and trim the ends to be equal length so when you close them, both sides touch. then you can use them to probe down the pushrod galley the width of the wall and measure the other ends opening for the width. Shape the probe end so intake side can kick out off the intake flange and bend back in to the intake port so tip is parallel to pushrod probe. Trim the other side to match the length of final probe end. now your wall thickness is projected to the other end. Someone make this and give me half your revenue.
measurejig.jpg

-
Back