Hellaphant sold out!

-
WTF. Must be nice to have that type of discretionary income. My thai girlfriend told me you can get a real elephant in Thailand for $20,000 US.
I really don't understand how people have so much extra money just laying around to spend such huge amounts of money on a hobby!! But then again I also dont understand how people spend 55-65k on a truck. But I have been poor my entire life. I have friends that work the same job as me have a family like me. But they have brand new 50k trucks and 200k homes and boats and Rvs and race cars and etc etc etc.... I just dont understand how they afford it. But then again the only dept I have is my home and I only owe 36k on it. I guess that is the difference. I still dont get how they make all those payments.

I really don't understand how people have so much extra money just laying around to spend such huge amounts of money on a hobby!! But then again I also dont understand how people spend 55-65k on a truck. But I have been poor my entire life. I have friends that work the same job as me have a family like me. But they have brand new 50k trucks and 200k homes and boats and Rvs and race cars and etc etc etc.... I just dont understand how they afford it. But then again the only dept I have is my home and I only owe 36k on it. I guess that is the difference. I still dont get how they make all those payments.
The vehicles are leased, basically rented for 3 years..read an article recently about how almost no one can afford to purchase. Lease payment is usually very attractive compared. House wise, no idea on how to afford a 200k house.

Economics!???? No none of our economics will pay for a $35,000 engine! lol.
We have a half glass of wine each evening, helps the wife sleep. BOX wine!!!!
Our home used to have wheels!
Finding an old 318 that actually is complete and runs is a HOMERUN!!!
Buying a new $6 Tee shirt at Wally World is extravagant!
We eat lamb chops from Sam's ONCE every two years!
Yes I drive Dodge Cummins, it is 24 years OLD!
The list is LONG!

Hey Mopar Mitch, I have a friend who sells parts for Mopar in VA beach.he sold one 426 not sure what all he included.it cost $35,600 really not a bad deal from 1000 hp hemi

Food for thot : take a gen 2 , 426 hemi, build a hell of a stout street / pump gas engine , then put a supercharger on it , get it finely tuned , which hemi would be stouter , or faster in the same identicle car ???
That 1000 h.p. doesn`t look so stout now !!
Of course there is the mpg side of it !

I hear and feel the pain. I have a thrust bearing in my rear end out. The kit is $99 have never changed one but refuse to pay the $900 everyone around here wants to charge. Found a member here an hour from me said he will do it for free and show me. Now, I just need one you to give me 35k for that motor, I will be able to rebuild that rear every time I blow it out.

Last edited:

It's the American dream!
It doesn't matter if you are a millionaire or working at Taco Bell, we are programmed to live on the very cusp of our financial means.
Finance your life away.
They say the average American is only 5 missed paychecks away from financial ruin.

It's the American dream!
It doesn't matter if you are a millionaire or working at Taco Bell, we are programmed to live on the very cusp of our financial means.
Finance your life away.
They say the average American is only 5 missed paychecks away from financial ruin.
That is the very reason my old mother way back in' 65 showed me her receipe for BBQ -ed POSSUM! YUM! Hint" cook it with taters to absorb the grease and shut up that possum a month to "flush" it!! If you did not know what you were eating, it was GOOD!!!!!
Another hint: There is a difference in surviving in the city or bubs vs surviving out in the country.
Personal debt? Our economy is debt driven, as is our national economy. Not good.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who had to eat POSSUM. Cooked with cabbage in soup. Made it easier to go down. Was the rabbits I hated cleaning.

That is the very reason my old mother way back in' 65 showed me her receipe for BBQ -ed POSSUM! YUM! Hint" cook it with taters to absorb the grease and shut up that possum a month to "flush" it!! If you did not know what you were eating, it was GOOD!!!!!
Another hint: There is a difference in surviving in the city or bubs vs surviving out in the country.
Personal debt? Our economy is debt driven, as is our national economy. Not good.

tenor.gif

East TEXAS LIVING!
My grandfather told me about eating possum during the great depression. He said there was much left. The deer and bear herds got really thin around here. He said it was super rare to even see a deer they were just gone ppl killed them off. He said opossum, rabbits, and home raised chickens was all they had, he also mentioned they would eat groundhogs, ugh! This generation wouldn't have survived back then. If something like that was to happen now or(welfare stopped paying) ppl would would go mad and kill each other and then starve.

Coon, tastes like chipped beef??!!

If so many things tastes like chicken that ain't chichen... then why do we grow so darn many chickens!????

So we make imitation beef out of soybeans, we make imitation chicken out of chicken ( nuggets),... so possum is really possum, must be some good to that?????/ Don't knock BBQ possum till try it. Maybe stick with BBQ goat!?

thot
Coon, tastes like chipped beef??!!

If so many things tastes like chicken that ain't chichen... then why do we grow so darn many chickens!????

So we make imitation beef out of soybeans, we make imitation chicken out of chicken ( nuggets),... so possum is really possum, must be some good to that?????/ Don't knock BBQ possum till try it. Maybe stick with BBQ goat!?
I have ate goat meat, was delicious the way it was prepared.
Never had to eat possum or coon, with 297 head of black angus. Did work my *** off tho !

thot

I have ate goat meat, was delicious the way it was prepared.
Never had to eat possum or coon, with 297 head of black angus. Did work my *** off tho !
We used to have goat cookins, it was a stew cooked in a metal pot. I liked the taste, is a little stringy. I've also ate coon. Never possum though.:) Daddy said never eat nuthin that smiles at you while your eating it!

-
Back