Hellcat Challenger versus ZL1 Camaro

-
good video....I would agree both cars look very even....He only lost ground during shifts on the manual trans.....both automatic cars would be very close......The hellcat definitely looks nicer......Just wish the hellcat would go on a diet and lose some weight

Rolling start..as gay as it gets the Camaro looks a LOT nicer then the Moapr/fiat crap!!

I read somewhere that GM claims they have developed a way to "weld" aluminum to steel. Those are my quotes. In the article, they didn't say how, but I'm guessing they are glueing the dissimilar metals together. Anyway, the point they were trying to make is that by "welding" aluminum to steel, and other methods, they are going to cut the weights of their vehicles by up to 500#'s each.

Rolling start? Isn't that what ricers do cause they got no bottom end? How a car leaves the line tells you everything about chassis setup. Pretty important in my book.

The new ZL1's do look pretty good. Not sure if I'm 100% on board with that european styling they and the mustangs seem to share. It's a lot more impressive mechanically than the old ZL1's. Smoked one of them pretty hard.

And let's just remember who this is. It's John Hennessey. I take everything he says/does/touches with several large doses of salt. Large enough to be toxic.

Looks like the old day's, close off the line, but once the Hemi starts to breath.............

Rolling start..as gay as it gets the Camaro looks a LOT nicer then the Moapr/fiat crap!!

If you are into the Batmobile kind of look... I'll take the 700+ HP "Fiat".. At least it reminds me of American muscle.

I actually prefer the Challenger's looks over the ZL1. But I prefer the look of the RS Camaro over the Challenger.

The Challenger looks about the same at all performance levels. The Camaro front end just gets uglier as the performance level goes up.

IMG_0710.JPG
IMG_0711.JPG
Example

If you are into the Batmobile kind of look... I'll take the 700+ HP "Fiat".. At least it reminds me of American muscle.

Ain't got nothing to do with American muscle.. assembled in Canada with a motor built in Mexico by a company owned by the Italians:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And you point is? Nothing is built and assembled in the USA. AMC did it to many years ago to count........... Sometimes, i think they were ahead of their time. All we have done is broadened are horizon, and pic part from outside the US as well. You can whine all you want, BUT it has become the AMERICAn way.

Last edited:
-
Back