Hellcat engine swap wiring harness.

-

Mr. El Guapo

Reaction score
I have used the search function I cannot find this answer so I’m asking this question. I bought a used 2018 hellcat motor transmission combination on a pallet from Cleveland performance and I was wondering if the Mopar hemi engine kit wiring harness would work on this engine? I would love to be able to just have a couple wire hook up for the engine. I found somebody that does a standalone wiring harness for the transmission which I’m using the eight speed automatic. This is going in a 1975 dodge dart sport. The original hellcat wiring harness that comes in the crate has to have all the window switches hooked up, the speedometer hooked up, the radio hooked up, the transmission hooked up, the ABS module hooked up. I want to delete all of these. Thanks for your help.

I have used the search function I cannot find this answer so I’m asking this question. I bought a used 2018 hellcat motor transmission combination on a pallet from Cleveland performance and I was wondering if the Mopar hemi engine kit wiring harness would work on this engine? I would love to be able to just have a couple wire hook up for the engine. I found somebody that does a standalone wiring harness for the transmission which I’m using the eight speed automatic. This is going in a 1975 dodge dart sport. The original hellcat wiring harness that comes in the crate has to have all the window switches hooked up, the speedometer hooked up, the radio hooked up, the transmission hooked up, the ABS module hooked up. I want to delete all of these. Thanks for your help.

Doesn`t mopar offer a harness for that situation ? would be pricey from them tho.

Sounds like a little bit of a cart and the horse problem. You can fool some of the switches on the original wiring harness to think the items are in play. There are a couple of youtube videos that show this. Window switches and radio should be fairly easy. But I think the ABS and speedo are going to be a big challenge and will require a programmed module to fool it.

Went down this road.. I talked to Modern Muscle Extreme. There kit is for a six speed only. To his knowledge there are no companies that offer a automatic standalone kit.. you would literally need everything from that donor car to make the 8 speed work

Went down this road.. I talked to Modern Muscle Extreme. There kit is for a six speed only. To his knowledge there are no companies that offer a automatic standalone kit.. you would literally need everything from that donor car to make the 8 speed work

that sucks , is exactly why people run chevys instead , mopar needs to step up ! Too much hassle for the ordinary flunky like me !

Alright for all the people that are interested I have ordered the 6.2 crate hemi engine kit. The kit has been discontinued from Mopar so had to find new old stock at a dealership. Found a place called Sound German Automotive who claim they can build the stand alone transmission harness and controller. So this should get me going and I’ll report back.

Alright for all the people that are interested I have ordered the 6.2 crate hemi engine kit. The kit has been discontinued from Mopar so had to find new old stock at a dealership. Found a place called Sound German Automotive who claim they can build the stand alone transmission harness and controller. So this should get me going and I’ll report back.

Is there any update? I'm looking at doing almost the exact thing on a 70 Swinger.

I ordered the transmission wiring harness and controller on 4-27-20. He claims it will run the transmission flawlessly. He says it is tunable with hp tuners and he has a kit or upgrade to use aftermarket paddle shifters. I have to find the right oil pan and probably the billet inter cooler outlet which gives more room. I’m still about a couple months from the first road test.

Sound German Automotive has an 8HP90 stand alone that plugs right in to the mopar performance hellcat body harness via the star connector . and you tuner tunes the engine and trans just like its in a new hellcat challenger

-
Back