Hellcat Rebel the ford Raptor don’t stand a chance

-
Amazes me when I drive through some of the newer residential development areas of town, all the big new cookie cutter homes, and in the driveways are more often than not there's a new or nearly new truck parked beside a new or nearly new SUV, and a camper of some sort and or a big boat. I don't get how the hell young families can afford the lifestyle, I sure as hell can't, and I make a decent living.
You ever been inside their house, no furniture or food in the fridge. lol and past due bills on the counter. lol

I recall the trucks of the 70s. Year after year, not much changed in them aside from them becoming more comfortable. The late 80s brought EFI and overdrives but they were still mostly regular cab or club cab trucks.
In the mid to late 90s, the market seemed to change. Maybe it reflected the tech uprising because suddenly they had to have OBD1, then OBD2. Everything was ABS, EFI, Overdrive, Power steering and power disc brakes at least in the front. Almost every one had Power windows, cruise control, power door locks and A/C.
THEN around 2010, tech really took over. Backup cameras, Navigation screens, Bluetooth phone and MP3 stereos...
A basic truck with crank windows and NO A/C can still be found but once you have driven a well equipped newer vehicle, driving a bare bones truck with manual steering, drum brakes and no creature comforts really sucks.
I get into my '75 Power Wagon and resign myself to the slow lane. The 440 was great in 1975 but my 2007 Ram with 341,000 miles still walks all over the old truck in every category except hauling capability due to it being a 3/4 ton truck.
No power windows or locks, no A/C, a basic AM/FM tape deck with speakers delivering the acoustical fidelity of a wet kazoo, wind noise the same with the windows up as down, fuel economy in the single digits, An overall appearance that motivated one woman to yell "TWEEKER" at me when I was hauling trash to the dump....
I do like the truck though. It is simple and reliable. It has also depreciated about as much as it can!
IMG_0392.JPG

Amazes me when I drive through some of the newer residential development areas of town, all the big new cookie cutter homes, and in the driveways are more often than not there's a new or nearly new truck parked beside a new or nearly new SUV, and a camper of some sort and or a big boat. I don't get how the hell young families can afford the lifestyle, I sure as hell can't, and I make a decent living.
Everything is fine and dandy for most of them till we have another financial down turn.

No shortage of "Redneck, jacked-up, giant-tired, black smoke belching noisy diesel truck driving doofus idiots around here. I laugh out loud at the ones with the tires sticking out a foot from the side of the body, especially in the rain when they can't see a damn thing for all of the spray coming back around them.

I laugh at anyone w/ a vehicle w/ the tires sticking out of the fenderwells , looks like s--- ! Except for offroad only vehicles ------

I have no doubts about the performance, Bob. Just my personal opinion since I’m not a “truck guy”. I’d rather have that motor in a ‘Cuda or Challenger.

?a 406 sbc ????????

I have driven a few if them, and there is a lot to like, performance, comfort, even fuel economy is reasonable, just can't afford to own one. Had an '05 Magnum R/T a couple years ago, comfortable, good fuel economy, lots of room for my dogs, too bad it was falling apart at 100k miles, dumped it when it became a bottomless money pit, at a substantial loss $ after a year of ownership.

There has been 3 in my family , I didn't have enough room in them, made for little people !

They're livin on credit. But don't worry, she'll take more than half.

-
Back