hellfirechrome alert

-

BARNEY'S CAR

SGITP
Reaction score
I have been a member here 10+ years and have bought and sold without issue the whole time. I even bought a '74 Scamp with PayPal just to get a good shot at it (still have it). I will buy as "friend /family" after talking to the seller although I have never requested that. Early last spring hellfirechrome had a FTI,MSD Dist and fuel pump for sale. I asked and received his # and called, we agreed on a price after he requested "friends/family" seemed pretty straight ahead guy so I paid him and waited as he had to remove from car it was in. After a couple months or so the FTI injection and Dist showed up but no pump. When I called he said the pump smelled like gas so they would not ship but he would clean it up and resend. In the mean time wife has developed cancer and we have been dealing with that since early May. I did finally get a response from from him and he was "surprised" I had not gotten the pump and would look into it. This was 3/4 weeks ago and now not even reading my messages. I held off saying anything here as I expect people to be honest in their dealings with all of us a "family" of addicted car loons but maybe not. I am sure no pump will be forthcoming but would just let the members know about this individual. He had a 100% rating so I felt ok but maybe others just write it off as I will but at least I can let others know.
RANT over!!! Bruce

I sold a Banks Turbo hot side, it literally got lost in the main, tracking and everything. Was on the truck leaving the depot, never made it to its first stop. **** happens. Did he send the pump with insurance? Pumps are cheap, like $50 on Ebay., You dont need a QFT or MSD pump to run EFI. Buy one for a Mercedes, they are external and then get the screw in barb. $55 total. Its a new pump., EFI pumps have a high failure rate when sitting for long periods of time anyway..

I once sent a guy a set of dirt track pedals and master cylinders. 3 weeks later he sends me a message saying they never arrived. I didnt have insurance and no way of tracking so i sent him his money back. Another three weeks and i get a message from paypal saying he put the money back in my account and a message that they had finally arrived. Thought i may have been taken advantage of but turns out guy was straight up. Pleasant suprise these days.

I once sent a guy a set of dirt track pedals and master cylinders. 3 weeks later he sends me a message saying they never arrived. I didnt have insurance and no way of tracking so i sent him his money back. Another three weeks and i get a message from paypal saying he put the money back in my account and a message that they had finally arrived. Thought i may have been taken advantage of but turns out guy was straight up. Pleasant suprise these days.
I talked to him a few weeks ago that is why he said he was surprised also said he would look into it.....nothing. This was a in fuel cell pump which I had built the car to have. If I wanted to hang a external pump I would have not bothered to pay him the extra money. I also told him I would hold off before I put this out for all to see. We all have to do as we say we will or the buying and selling side of this goes down the drain. As I said first real issue here in more then 10 yrs and felt it should be mentioned. If the pump shows I will let all know.

You expect a liar to be honest?
When he asked for "friends and family" you should have ran, or showed a spine and said, nope

It stinks that people have to be like this, if, it is as appears. Over something like a pump. Flush your rep on fabo down the toilet. Unless you are a career criminal like Justin.

Last edited:
You expect a liar to be honest?
When he asked for "friends and family" you should have ran, or showed a spine and said, nope
It really has nothing to do with a spine it has to do with some trust and the hope people treat you as you treat them. I have refused F/F from people and most likely will go along with someone again if it feels ok. I have just heard from him and he states he is looking into it thinking shipping got screwed up. if so great, if it shows up I will be on here letting people know. I really do not like saying negitive stuff about ANYONE but at the same time we are all here counting on the other people we deal with to do what they say they will. I feel a little better hearing from him and again will be here to speak up about it when it gets done.

well, i hope it all pans out for you but...

8-ball1.jpg

I used to buy and sell a bunch of camera equipment. I sold a lens for $750 to a guy in the UK, it never arrived. I had the postal receipt and tracking and everything and it was just gone. We decided to wait and see if it turned up. It didn't, I refunded his money and the next day the lens showed back up at my address. I messaged him and asked if he still wanted the lens, he said yes. This time I used UPS and he had the lens in a couple days.

Garth

-
Back