Hello all

-

zcunningham

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I joined a little while back but am not the most computer oriented person so have not posted yet. I was waiting till I could figure out how to get pictures from a phone to my work computer, no home computer. I got the Dart from a family member a few months back who wanted someone to finish the car and take care of it. I guess he picked me since I have had my Triumph for 24 years since I was 14 years old and taken care of it. That leads me into why I joined, I know a lot about Triumph’s but not much about Dodge. Lastly I am amazed that a car that had less the 15,000 units sold in the US (the Spitfire) has three catalogs where if I had a frame I could build the car out of, and the car that had over 100,000 units sold is difficult to impossible to find most parts for (Dart), hell my ford truck 1970 I am restoring has probably 4 places I could almost build it out of. By the way the 1970 truck, 1970 Spitfire and 1966 Dart by just shear dumb luck were all vehicles that the model was only made for one year which makes parts usually allot more expensive, lucky me.

Attachments

• P2290050.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 146
Welcome to the forums. Nice looking ride you have. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Welcome from the great state of Texas. The Dart looks like a solid platform for whatever your plans are. You will become addicted to this site because there is a wealth of information here, and a ton of great people. You probably should budget for a home computer because of the above addiction. LOL

Just keep it stock, re-chrome the bumpers, replace sun visors, have ammeter rebuilt (put jumper across to get it to run), undercoat, touch up engine bay (the owner before my uncle was a little overzealous with the rattle can), have some of the trim re-chromed, fix a few other minor problems, the only mod that I want to do is disk brakes up front and that is a maybe. I am the type of person that likes the cars the way they came from the factory, and it makes me sad to see so few of the unmolested cars still out there, ie how all the mustangs at the car shows now have a V8. Part of the fun of the old cars is their simplicity and adding all the high tech stuff sort of defeats (in my eyes) the purpose and beauty of the old cars. And to the undercoating, I read that my car was supposed to be black with white speckles. Is this true? When I am under the old girl I cannot tell what it was originally.

Posted more pics in the member photo gallery

Welcome. Thanks a handsome looking Dart - I like that the color matches your Spitfire. Neat MOD decal on that. I'm also into the limey stuff (had two MGBs, daily a MINI, and always on the lookout for a bargain T120). I have to agree that the sports car market has much more support in terms of parts availability. But the hunt is part of the challenge of these cars, I think.

The decal on the spit is not a mod 1970 MKIII US version was the only year and market the RAF logo was ever used. 1970 due to crash test laws had two models in the same year MKIII & the MK IV. Summed up the bonnet logo only ever seen on about 7000 units (most of which are long gone in the over 20 years I have owned the car never physically seen another one).

Attachments

• P2290047.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 122
Welcome from another Texan. Sold my Datsun 2000 Roadster to buy my Duster and return to my roots (so to speak). Not enough money or time for both!

Welcome to FABO.Your 66 Dart doesn,t look to need much.Look in the Early-A body discussions Forum for any answers to questions you might have.There,s also a thread for 66 Dart owners you can add your car to.Enjoy!

Welcome to FABO ZCunningham!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some more pictures of your cars - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• 1st Drag Race 3 QTR Rear View Pits.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 92
Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back