Hello Everyone

-

Alex5280

74' Duster
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Alex here. I am 57 years old and in 1974 I was 16 and lucky me, my parents bought me a brand new 1974 Plymouth Duster in a Dark Moondust. Unfortunately they would not let me have the 360 or 340 model that I wanted, but I did drive off the lot with a base model 225 slant six. That was 41 years ago if my math is correct. Anyways that car was hand-me-downed to my younger brother and I really cannot remember exactly whatever happened to it. Anyways....it looks as if I am going to be buying another 1974 Plymouth Duster on Saturday June 13th 2015. I am thrilled! It is an amazing rust free car, with 55,000 reading on the clock. I feel like a kid again and waiting for the 13th to come is gonna be tough. I will post pics.

Alex

Here she is:

IMG_2023 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2021 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Congrats on the new-to-you '74 Duster - enjoy! and welcome to FABO!!!

Welcome to the Madness !! I was also 16 in 1974

^ Thank you so much. This is truly going to be awesome! I will have tons of questions. This "new to me" 1974 Duster is very much the same as the one back in 1974! This one has a black interior and this time, the slant 6 will be pulled, and a 340 or 360 will go in it....oh it is going to be a joy. Garage space already cleaned up and set aside for the new Duster. The removal of the Vinyl top will be the first alteration.

Welcome aboard. I was just being thought of in 1974, as I was born in 1975 lol. But my first car was also a 1974, mine was a Barracuda though. Also- Nice Duster and I hope you enjoy being young again!!

Thanks a bunch guys! Really a nice welcome from you all!!! I have had (3) 20min conversations with the seller. He has removed the ad from CL as I asked him to tell others the Duster is sold. Slight change of plans, I will leave Denver in my EcoBoost F150 and a borrowed car hauler on Sunday the 14th early. The purchase will happen at the sellers bank on Monday morning the 15th, and then I head back to Colorado. Story is the Duster is a Washington state car, sold on ebay to an older couple in Minnesota. They decided they didn't want the car and sold it to the current seller in Minnesota.

So you're hauling a trailer to Minnesota and back with a car on it? Man after my own heart! I did that fr9m TX to NC and back. Fun trip. Congrats on the purchase. Looks like a great ride. 340 is great if you can find one priced right. 360 done well is a badass 8n an A body. Keep us abreast of your build and welcome back to the fun.

I can't wait till the 13th, I'm about as excited as you!! Congrats on finding your youthful time machine, hope you enjoy every minute of it, and welcome to FABO!! Geof

Thank you so much Cosgig and everyone else, I am very excited too! The plan is to just go slow and make the needed changes/mods, and keep the car running and rolling. I think Rallye wheels and remove the vinyl top are going to be first. Can't wait to hook up the car hauler and go!

Thank you so much Cosgig and everyone else, I am very excited too! The plan is to just go slow and make the needed changes/mods, and keep the car running and rolling. I think Rallye wheels and remove the vinyl top are going to be first. Can't wait to hook up the car hauler and go!

Here's a little something to wet your whistle.. This was 2 days into the road trip.

Attachments

• Texas Rest Stop.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 129
-
Back