Hello Everyone

-
Thanks Abodybomber, Thanks Fyssh! I am wondering what color my "soon to be" new 74' Duster is??? Does it look like an original color? Some more pics sent from the seller:

IMG_2047 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2043 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

image2 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

image1 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

KIMG0155 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

image4 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

image3 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

image3 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2050 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2034 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

I'll start a new thread in the restoration section after I pick up the car. Got rallye wheels coming....want to order a twin snorkel scoop and have been reading and reading, not really sure which one to order??? The more I read the more I was not sure of which one to buy??? LOL!

I have a question. Anyone cut in the 70-71 tail light section in a 74??? Will it fit right in place? I kinda like the 70-71 tail lights.

I have a question. Anyone cut in the 70-71 tail light section in a 74??? Will it fit right in place? I kinda like the 70-71 tail lights.

Yes, a lot of people have done it. There's a '73 Duster around here that has a 383 BB and an early tail panel and it's pretty sweet.

Congrats on your Duster! It's CLEAN. How much of it is original? If you can get your hands on a 340 I say go for it. I had a 225 in my Dart which was fine for puttin' around town but it wouldn't throw me back in the seat or light up the tires and it didn't sound like a muscle car. It was a long time goal of mine to build a 340 for the Dodge and it took me five years to make it happen (young and broke!) but it was worth it. The slant was neat and hauled around my family since the car was new but the 340... oh my. It blows the slant out of the water in every aspect except fuel economy. Whatever road you take I'm sure you'll end up with something awesome! Once again, congrats! I look forward to that build thread :burnout:

Thanks guys. It is awesome and a great starting platform. It looks to be all original, 50,000 miles. Someone did a half azzed paint job, that will be removed, but that doesn't bother me. Looks like the original color was Sienna Haze. Here she is paid for and mine, in St. Cloud Minnesota, ready for the 900 mile trip home to Westminster, CO. The trip went great. I will start a build thread and post the start of this adventure and all the transformations as things evolve. I have already removed the vinyl top and then installed Rallye wheels on TA Radials.
We are thinking 392 Hemi w/Tremec....we will see.

IMG_2089 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2398 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2401 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Welcome, you've found a great group. Love your new to you Mopar looks like a great start.

-
Back