Hello, FABO! New member from Seattle

-

69DartDave

Reaction score
I have been spending quite some time on this site since my 18-year old son bought his first car about a month ago (1969 Dart Custom Sedan with the /6), and I gotta say that there is an impressive wealth of knowledge about these Mopars on this site!

I'm in my mid-40s and have had a few run-ins of my own with Mopars over the years, including a 1977 Dodge Aspen that was my first car (grandpa's hand-me-down). Plus some Mopar muscle from the '90s.

But on to my son's car, which needs quite a bit of refurbishment. He chose it because he simply loves it's classic looks, he specifically did not want a hot-rod version (yet), and (my favorite part) he wanted a father/son project so that we could spend some time together.:)

I've been a mechanic in a past life, and now I'm in an engineering profession, so I have some skills to tackle this project Dart with, and (even more importantly) pass skills on to my son (who up until now has only changed oil and bled brakes).

And we'll both be leaning heavily on this forum to see us through to the end!

Welcome to the a bodie hangout !!!
Hope you have fun and learn !!

Welcome and enjoy the site! I still remember working with my dad on early projects, enjoy the time spent with your boy....

Dave,

Welcome to the site! It has great ideas and I received help on my first email. I am in the process of building a 2007 PT Cruiser with an old Chrysler Fire Power hemi and got replies that helped from fellow members and pictures and who owned a PT that had a late model 5.7 hemi from a Dodge truck. I was particularly interested in the suspension and the pictures provided that also. Many thanks to these team members and I know you will enjoy the site. I wish I had known about this site when I was building NASCAR engines-old Winston Cup Series .

-
Back