Hello from a newly converted bowtie fan.

-

Kram1976

Reaction score
How is it going out there. I'm just starting an update on a newly acquired Valiant. This thing is really cool. I got very little info from the guy I purchased it from. It was sitting for over 10 years. It just needed a front wheel bearing which is what parked it. Cleaned the tank and carb, New battery and fuel pump and man this thing is quick. It still needs a lot of work and a good tune but its gonna be a blast.
I'm gonna need all you a-body experts to help me with this thing.
So far what I have learned:
1967 Valiant
71 340
904 trans
8 3/4 3.23 sure-grip
Disk brakes up front. OEM????

Very little rust(the pass. floor pan has been replaced, and the trunk in the spare hole needs some help.

Needs:
Paint, interior, headers, new style seats(looking for some type of buckets) replacement gauge cluster (prefer Autometer). Complete front end rebuild.

I look forward to all the correspondence.
Mark aka kram1976, from Austin, Tx.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 82
Disk brakes were a factory option, if it is factory, it will have the small bolt pattern wheels

There are disk conversions which retain the small pattern, "Scarebird" is one

If you have big bolt pattern wheels (4.5" or same as Ford/ B body Mopar) then someone has put 73/ later Mopar spindles/ brakes on

You need to find out in case you need parts. Find out how many pistons are in the caliper One big single piston is the 73/ later brakes.

Welcome,sounds like a really cool ride you got there. Post up some pics when you can.

Welcome to the family! Glad you were able to cure your case of the chevies! LOL!
You'll like it here. Yes we like pics here. All pics. Don't have to be perrdy.

Yes it has the small bolt pattern 5x4 with 4 piston calipers i think. I don't think I'm gonna' drop the jingle on a disk upgrade kit. I think I will get the best pads I can for this thing and rebuild the calipers and drums in the rear. I plan on matte silver with some black stripes. Dark tint and body color the grille with black inserts. Someday I want something stupid sticking out of the hood!!!
I'm in Tx so AC is a must. It is an original AC car but I'm probably going with vintage air system.

How is it going out there. I'm just starting an update on a newly acquired Valiant. This thing is really cool. I got very little info from the guy I purchased it from. It was sitting for over 10 years. It just needed a front wheel bearing which is what parked it. Cleaned the tank and carb, New battery and fuel pump and man this thing is quick. It still needs a lot of work and a good tune but its gonna be a blast.
I'm gonna need all you a-body experts to help me with this thing.
So far what I have learned:
1967 Valiant
71 340
904 trans
8 3/4 3.23 sure-grip
Disk brakes up front. OEM????

Very little rust(the pass. floor pan has been replaced, and the trunk in the spare hole needs some help.

Needs:
Paint, interior, headers, new style seats(looking for some type of buckets) replacement gauge cluster (prefer Autometer). Complete front end rebuild.

I look forward to all the correspondence.
Mark aka kram1976, from Austin, Tx.

Welcome Dude! Did you get tired of going to Walmart for your chevy parts?? LOL you will find FABO very helpful!

-
Back