Hello From Ashland, OH

-

LyinBrian1

Reaction score
Thirty-four years ago I was sixteen and ready for my first car. I was always an A body fan and wanted to be just like my neighbor who was four years older and drove a '73 (318) Dart Swinger.

My father wouldn't let me have a V8 but did want me to have a Dart Swinger so one day he came home with a '75 metallic blue Swinger, slant 6 with a white vinyl top he'd picked from a little old lady on the way home from work.

I was disappointed it wasn't a 318 but was happy it was a Dart.

Over the last five years as our only child left the nest and we began to have a little extra money, I began to dream of having a Dart Swinger with a V8.

I turned 50 in January and my wife told me to go for it. After four months scouring the web, I found my dream car at Southern Motors in Clarkston, MI.

Here is my "Ginny". She's a 1972 Dart Swinger from Virginia who underwent a body-up restoration from 2010-2012.

She has a numbers matching 318 with a 4 barrel Edelbrock, stock intake and exhaust manifolds, dual exhaust and automatic transmission.

The fresh paint and clear coat is the original Light Gunmetal with black striping with hood scoops.

The interior is the original Lapis Blue with the original seats and door panels and a new dash pad and carpet.

I really could not have found a better car to fulfill my dream and want to thank the anonymous gentleman who did all the work and Dave and Jason at Southern Motors for delivering her.

IMG_5819.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

IMG_5826.JPG

IMG_5828.JPG

Good for you! Hope to see you around. Lots of car shows in OH. The ones in Loudonville, Wooster, and Sugarcreek would be close to you.
Look here: cruisintimes.org

Good for you! Hope to see you around. Lots of car shows in OH. The ones in Loudonville, Wooster, and Sugarcreek would be close to you.
Look here: cruisintimes.org

You'll definitely see me at Loudonville, that's where I grew up and of course Ashland where I've lived for thirty years.

I'll also probably do a Wooster Cruise In and of course the Mid Ohio MOPAR show there.

Welcome to FABO... :welcome:

Very nice car!!! :thumbsup:

What happened to the slant 6 Dart from when you were 16, still around???

-
Back