Hello from Buffalo

-

r4daytona

Reaction score
Well, I actually a small town on Lake Erie south of Buffalo. Last summer picked up a really nice 63 Valiant Convert. I also have a nice B-Body. I've known this car for a while. It has been repainted, rechromed and new seats but lots of originality. What was nice is when it was painted before I bought it, they did not paint the underside of the deck lid so the original jack instructions are still there. It has original sheet metal, trunk mat, glass, window felts, washer bag, door panels and ! see no indication that the suspension has been touched - even my friend that owns Legendary Auto thinks the Top may be the original. Now I did replace the rubber brake hoses, rebuilt the wheel cylinders and replaced the master cylinder just for shear safety. I still have the original wheels and hubcaps even the fabric that is in the well where the top drops into is the original date coded fabric with the brass drain grommets. I also have all the original tags that hung from the car in the dealer showroom ie: heater controls, washer bag tag, tilt seat tag and the build sheet was stull under the seat! lol Unfortunately I need a couple things- some of the tags got wet from the previous owner and some colors soaked into them- I'd like to find nice originals also, the front hood lip moulding has an odd piece missing out of it and it can't be repaired. Does anyone have a hood lip moulding? Heres a couple pictures. I sent one of the trunk floor to show how solid it is. The underside still has the drips that dried from when it was dipped in primer. Anyways, hello! Tom

IMG_5907.JPG

IMG_5909.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

IMG_5952.JPG

Welcome, nice car! Lots of people have parts here, it’s best to post in the Parts wanted section, I’m sure somebody will have what you need

Wow just wow, beautiful car. Welcome aboard, I come from the heathen drag racer, toss OEM and replace with fiberglass to shave weight side of the fence but darn sure don’t mean I can’t appreciate something like your car. She is a beauty! Welcome aboard from the frozen tundra.

Well, I actually a small town on Lake Erie south of Buffalo. Last summer picked up a really nice 63 Valiant Convert. I also have a nice B-Body. I've known this car for a while. It has been repainted, rechromed and new seats but lots of originality. What was nice is when it was painted before I bought it, they did not paint the underside of the deck lid so the original jack instructions are still there. It has original sheet metal, trunk mat, glass, window felts, washer bag, door panels and ! see no indication that the suspension has been touched - even my friend that owns Legendary Auto thinks the Top may be the original. Now I did replace the rubber brake hoses, rebuilt the wheel cylinders and replaced the master cylinder just for shear safety. I still have the original wheels and hubcaps even the fabric that is in the well where the top drops into is the original date coded fabric with the brass drain grommets. I also have all the original tags that hung from the car in the dealer showroom ie: heater controls, washer bag tag, tilt seat tag and the build sheet was stull under the seat! lol Unfortunately I need a couple things- some of the tags got wet from the previous owner and some colors soaked into them- I'd like to find nice originals also, the front hood lip moulding has an odd piece missing out of it and it can't be repaired. Does anyone have a hood lip moulding? Heres a couple pictures. I sent one of the trunk floor to show how solid it is. The underside still has the drips that dried from when it was dipped in primer. Anyways, hello! Tom

View attachment 1715866802

View attachment 1715866803

View attachment 1715866804

View attachment 1715866805
D92A261C-7ABA-4933-A33D-BB679004EB7E.gif
326A7F71-4ACA-43E1-BDCC-795D1C47CF88.gif
5ACCA6A9-0083-49E4-B6A4-7BA25BD4D26B.gif

Welcome from NJ!

Welcome from Dallas….
I spent two weeks in Buffalo…in January
You guys are tough….

-