Hello from Courtenay, BC

-

shovhd

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm very happy to be here. Just picked up my first A-Body last weekend: a '72 Dart Swinger /6. I plan on this car being my daily driver. The body was done when I got it and I think the power train is ok. I have to put the interior back together, including the dash, so I haven't fired it up. I'll post some pics when I get a new battery for my digital camera. I hope to learn alot here and maybe even meet a few good people. Have a great day.

heyy welcome welcome hows it goin in courtenay? in in parksville, with a 70 dart, currently putting a 241 red ram hemi in it, it should be a interesting one.
if you have any questions on anything, just post a forum and they will be answered before you know it, this site is great for that.
good luck

Hi Mike, thanks for the welcome. I'll definately be looking for some help, so i'm glad I came to the right place. A 241 Red Ram? Holy C*&p!! That's gonna be too cool. I just did a google search on them (since I didn't have clue what you were talking about) and they look like a great motor. What kind of fabrication did you have to do to put it in? Please post some pics.

Hi everyone, I'm very happy to be here. Just picked up my first A-Body last weekend: a '72 Dart Swinger /6. I plan on this car being my daily driver. The body was done when I got it and I think the power train is ok. I have to put the interior back together, including the dash, so I haven't fired it up. I'll post some pics when I get a new battery for my digital camera. I hope to learn alot here and maybe even meet a few good people. Have a great day.

Welcome Islander, there are a pack of you guys from the island here, must be the salt air. Hey, I used to go out with a lady from Comox years ago I wonder what ever happened to her. She probably smoked herself into the next world that she was convinced existed either that or to many scrooms.LOL

Terry

Welcome to the site. Nice to have another "rock" guy around! :cheers:

2052882_1.jpg

2052882_7.jpg

2052882_37.jpg

Welcome to the site. Nice to have another "rock" guy around! :cheers:

Yup...always nice to see more Islanders (Vancouver, not New York)!!!!

Jimmy!!!!...Where ya been???? Haven't seen you post in a while!

Any other V.Islanders notice that the "Island Mopars" Car Club is gone?

ya i was a part of the island mopars car club but i havent heard from either dave or yvon in quite a while, so i just assumed they gave up on me haha but thats really too bad! i enjoyed the beaver lake show.

Is that Your car in the pic?

If it is, Did you buy it from Langley?

Phil

PS post more pics...show of the wheels man:)

Hi Phil...

No, I bought it in Surrey, close though. I'm waiting on a big interior order from the states and then I'll take some pics.

PS post more pics...show of the wheels man

Did you really want some pics of the wheels specifically? Cause they're just regular SBP 14" steelies. :profilel: I have a set of Cragars that will be going on soon.

Nigel

Hi Phil...

No, I bought it in Surrey, close though. I'm waiting on a big interior order from the states and then I'll take some pics.

Did you really want some pics of the wheels specifically? Cause they're just regular SBP 14" steelies. :profilel: I have a set of Cragars that will be going on soon.

Nigel

i think I saw the add for the car on craigs list. Is that the one for around $2k, that the guy had tons of pictures, but Non were didgetal? you had to go look at the car and the pics at his place. I called him about it, but didn't have the money on hand, so I decided to not waste his or my time.

Looks like it was worth it if that was the car I am thinking of

mrtires, what the heck is that car you have posted anyhow ,heh

Yep. I'm thinkin this is the car. The guy said he'd send me all the pics after the deal, but I haven't see any yet. The car looks really solid and straight, just needs all the weather seals, carpet, seat covers, etc put back in it. Fired right up with a shot of gas down the carb. Also picked up a set of mint SBP 14" Cragars off of him. Just awaitin for the big order from the the states now.:toothy7: Anyway, I'll post some more pics in a couple of weeks.

Welcome from another island guy, Victoria and a cabin near Parksville for the weekends

Welcome aboard! I have a gal friend out in Courtney and I know the moment she sees your ride on the road, she's going to call me and tell me about it. If you want some nice pictures of it done, let me know. She's a photographer.

-
Back