Hello from Denver!

-

iTed

Reaction score
Hi All,

Unfortunately I don't have an A Body car, but when I was a kid my Mom had a Sky blue '70 Dart Swinger 225 Slant 6 with a 3 on the tree. Her Dad bought it for her new in 1970 and it was in the family until it was junked in '95.

From what I gather it must have been rare for a Dart Swinger to have a 3 on the tree because I've never seen another swinger with that transmission, and I've been searching for one all my life (I'm 29).

I could never afford to actually buy one now as they are pretty highly sought after cars, but I guess I can dream. I've managed to acquire a number of good condition K and Extended K body cars for next to nothing, perhaps they will go up in value someday and let me get my hands on an A body car.

I'd love to see an A Body car with a 3 on the tree in person, so if anyone is close to Denver and would be kind enough to let me take look at one up close, please let me know!

Thanks all! Take care!

Welcome! Enjoy the ride, and post pictures...start a restoration thread....

Welcome from North Carolina. Glad to have you here

Welcome..... and though not as common, 3 on the trees are out there. If you'd be happy with a slant car, and a swinger, they seem to run less money than Dusters, especially Dusters with V8's.

I'd be perfectly happy with a Slant 6 Swinger, that's exactly what my mom had.

welcome from sunny california , i'm sure that one of the members has a car just like your mom's car . keep looking .

Hey there, I DO have a 68 Valiant, and I DO live in Denver! I would be happy to meet you at Bandimere some Wed night, and discuss A Bodies while we race our Valiant. I am always looking for A Bodies, and will keep my eye out for a 3 on the tree car. Gary.

-
Back