Hello from England

-

cadboy

Reaction score
Hi to all from across the water.
I am Al and have just imported this 68 Barracuda from the US. It is what I had been looking for more than a year, but it does need some work!

I better explain about my user name, I used to have Cadillacs so the name.
I have always loved the Mopar of late 60 and early 70, but could not get one for the money.

Last year I saved and saved, came to the US and looked at cars to buy,
A body Barracuda was perfect and the "notchback" was even better.
This one has a 340 auto.

I am having a little problem with taking the instrument front out as the cigarret lighter will not come out, any help on how to dismantle the interior would be good.
Thank you
Al

Welcome to FABO Mate, Congrats on the purchase.

Welcome Al, nice looking cuda you got there.

Attachments

• P7110058.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 160
Was your Caddy pink with long horns that played Dixie like Madge Hardcastle's?
(I'm in Georgia)

Great for you to have gotten the car you really wanted.
Sounds like it took some work and perseverance on you part.

I was watching Joan Hickson in a Miss Marple recently and they used a yellow T Bird I'm sure was from the 60s in a plot set in the 50s.
Used what they could get I suppose. Who would know the difference anyway?

Welcome Al. Someone here will chime in with the info you need, and maybe have info on a shop manual which usually proves priceless when restoring these cars. Pls keep us posted on your progress.

Thank you for your warm welcome. I will put more picture of the car later. I have the seats out and trying to get things sorted.

Welcome, the cigarette lighter is captivated by a housing on the back that unscrews. You can get to the back of it by taking out the glove box. You can then access the two heater control cables and unclip them. The head light knob comes out with the shaft by pushing on a release button on the back of the switch. It also helps to lower the steering column.

I don't understand why I can understand everything in your post but when I watch Top Gear I am lost on about half the dialogue. Two countries divided by a common language, I guess, LOL.

Welcome, the cigarette lighter is captivated by a housing on the back that unscrews. You can get to the back of it by taking out the glove box. You can then access the two heater control cables and unclip them. The head light knob comes out with the shaft by pushing on a release button on the back of the switch. It also helps to lower the steering column.

I don't understand why I can understand everything in your post but when I watch Top Gear I am lost on about half the dialogue. Two countries divided by a common language, I guess, LOL.

Thank you CUDA69 I will try this.

Welcome and send some pics out front of the Queen Mums house with the guards that would be cool. I just ripped my cigaret lighter out then found the screws so don't pay attention to me. Could we et some spell check on here.

Got the panel out, yes it was the lighter had to be unscrewed from behind, hard to get to.
Thanks guys.

Here are some pictures

IMAG0036_zpsa24d2597.jpg

044_zps5dfb7b09.jpg

045_zps97fec948.jpg

046_zpsafbf3420.jpg

053_zps3859e891.jpg

Welcome Al, nice looking fish you brought home. I was in England for a visit 2 years ago and don't think I seen any North American cars so its got to be a lot of fun driving something a little different and what better then some Mopar muscle. Enjoy your car and hang out with us a lot.

-
Back