hello from FL in a 74 Dart!

-

Mopar/6er

Reaction score
Have been viewing this page for the past few weeks and thought why not join and be a part of the fun. i recently picked up a 74 Dart Sport with a slant six. Just finished the interior, it was a mess, and now its onto the exterior for some rot removal and new paint. Then its suspension updating and then its time for the fun stuff in the engine bay. Hoping to do some crazy stuff to the great /6. I had a 74 duster in highschool some 10 years ago and i didnt get to do what i wanted so now its time to do it right. I look forward to chatting with all of you and thanks for having me.
James

Attachments

• IMG_3810 - Copy.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3809 - Copy.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 121
Do you have any before and after pictures of the interior? I'd like to see how it turned out.

Do you have any before and after pictures of the interior? I'd like to see how it turned out.

Sure do on the computer somewhere, turned out real well. Outside of some imperfections in the carpet due to me, it went well. I'll post some pics soon when I grab the laptop.

Just created a new post in the resto spot, has a couple of before and afters. I'll be adding more in depth pics to it.

Thanks for the welcome and interest

Glad that car went to a good home.

I've been seeing it on CL for several months.

Not a bad price, IIRC.

Welcome! I have a 4 speed car similar to yours that needs lots of TLC as well. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks all for the welcome! Yeah it's been fun improving this thing. Next week I'll be addressing the rust holes in the quarter and rear. The engine runs great but the transmission seems really rough, it rattles the Windows a little when I go into drive or reverse, but when I accelerate it smooths out. Lots to play around with but trannys aren't my specialty!

Love those 74 Dart Sports. Mine has a 360, but I've never driven it. One more Project in the Garage. Hope to do so this year.

Got the car because previous Owner "GAVE UP" after installing Dakota 8.25 rear and only spot welded it into position. It moved as the car rolled. Dangerous ****. :banghead:
Was a welcome relief to get the 72 340 Duster 8.75 rear finally installed.

Now trying to tackle the Brakes. Previous owner lived on dirt road in Georgia and the brakes lines are actually rusted together. I have to cut everything and install new Brake Lines.
Once I get past the brakes, I can drive it. And I know it cooks.
:cheers:

KEEP THE DART FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 74 Dart Sport Blu.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 73
-
Back