Hello from North Ga.

-

swheel

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a quick hello and introduce myself and my current Mopar project I'm in the process of getting ready for Power Tour in June.
This is my 68 Dodge Dart GT, it's a really solid car mostly in need of maintenance type stuff as well as some finishing touches to make it really mine.
Driver side.jpg

So far I've replaced the crusty front end harness (Year One) and the absolutely destroyed bulkhead connector (Evans Wiring) that had been previously "repaired."

Bulkhead.jpg

I've also repainted the grille that had been stripped of all paint to a GTS style (space heater on, must've been baking the paint in the "booth" lol).
Grill 6.jpg

Still on the list before she's ready to hit the road for Long Hauler status with my son, rebuild the front suspension, convert to factory 4 piston front discs, replace leaf spring bushings, take out the 4.10's and swap in some more highway friendly 3.23's, replace noisy rear wheel bearings, and rear spring bushings, along with a bunch of stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting.

BTW, if anybody has some 15x8" plain steel wheels in 5x4" bolt pattern for sale (or knows of a company that can modify mine) I may be interested in purchasing them, it appears nobody makes a 15x8" in the SBP, and I'm not sure the 15x10" that Coker offers will fit without relocating the leaf springs, which I'm not currently interested in doing.

Cool car! Welcome aboard!

Welcome from WI. Nice looking car!

:welcome: from :canada:

If you've never done the Hot Rod Power Tour before, you will love it! Great choice of car to go with too.

I had a wheel shop make a set of 15x7 sbp wheels for my 70 Dart years ago. Unfortunately I no longer have the car or the wheels. Look for a wheel repair shop in your area, you might have to supply the centers and/or the hoops, but it was actually very cheap when I had mine done, of course it was also about 15 years ago.

Thanks for the welcome and compliments on the car.

Agreed on the bulkhead connector, it was definitely a fire waiting to happen, the previous repair section of wiring they had in there running through the bulkhead for the alternator side somehow had over 6 ohms of resistance in less than 6 inches of wiring, I'm sure that was getting smoking hot.

My son and I actually did the PT last year, not in a Mopar though, no Mopars ready, we took this instead.
Datsun1.jpg

It was fun, but the lack of A/C had us looking for a different plan for this year.

I will look into local wheel repair options as well, seems the ones I knew about from years ago have shut down or been bought out and no longer offer custom wheels.

A little more about the Dart, it's a nearly rust free (seriously, the only rust I've found in the car is a little in the trunk, and pitting on the roof from the vinyl top it no longer has) California car that supposedly only has the 58K the odometer show on it, hard to say though. Original 318 car, with power steering, manual drums all the way around. It now has a 360 with unknown solid lifter cam (yikes!) with 340X heads and an Edelbrock LD340 intake, seems to be a solid runner, and an automatic I'd like to eventually change to a manual.
Bucket seat, center console car, previous owner had the seats recovered and replaced the carpet as you can see in the below pic.
Interior 1.jpg

Overall it's a solid car that just needs some expected repairs and tweaks to make it into the car I want it to be, should be a lot of fun on Power Tour for my son and I, definitely cooler as the original A/C will damn near make ice lol.

Love the Z car. I had a 1970 240 years ago that was pretty rare, because it had a 1969 build date. Early car. It was pretty peppy.

Welcome Aboard, From Cumming!

Don't stop there with wiring! Replace it all! Enjoy the hot Rod Tour.

Welcome Aboard, From Cumming!

Don't stop there with wiring! Replace it all! Enjoy the hot Rod Tour.
Thanks for the welcome.

Actually the interior wiring is in pretty good shape, not all chopped up surprisingly and all the wires I've touched are have remained flexible and not showing obvious signs of corrosion. I may at some point replace the dash and body harnesses, but today isn't that day know what I mean? Too many other more likely things to have a problem with to take care of before PT.

Last edited:
-
Back