Hello from NY

-

jfleming64dart

Reaction score
Hello!
I've actually already posted once in the forums, and I've looked around a lot before signing up. I'm a college student, and I'm working on my first classic: a 1964 Dodge Dart 270 (I don't count my '92 Volvo 240 as classic though some might.) It's a 4dr sedan, it has an upgraded intake w/ a 2bbl carb, automatic trans. I got it for $500 because the P.O. thought the engine was shot, and because the back foot or so of the subframe is so rusted I'm shocked I've been able to drive it around the yard without it collapsing. New spark plugs fixed the "shot" engine, frame will need work. She's a bit rough, but runs great and a fun project for sure. Hoping to be street legal by end of May. And yes, I'm afraid those are AMC Gremlin seats; I don't know why the bench is gone.

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0532.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0526.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 97
Nope -not counting the Volvo either :D - seriously though, no big deal on the Gremlin seats, it's all good - was probably done as a means to an end - kept the car on the road! Welcome (again??) to the fray! If you can't find answers here - they ain't out there! Neat car - do what you gotta do to save it!

Hey! I loved my 304 v8 Gremlin!

P.S.
Welcome from Sonoma, CA
P.P.S.
I love my 68 fastback more.

Welcome buddy. Cool car. It looks pretty good. You'll remember driving that around for the rest of your life. By the way I neve new any gremlins were sold with a v8. Must of been fast as all get out

Welcome buddy. Cool car. It looks pretty good.
Thanks! and yeah thats the funny thing about it, its kind of the opposite of a usual project car. Usually they'll have good structure but maybe engine or trans problems, horrible interior, or bodywork issues. The back bit of subframe on mine is shot like I said, and it has a couple body rust spots to address, but the floors are solid, it runs right, the doors are all perfect, and the interior is at least 75% good. And I have access to all the equipment needed to fix it myself, so, It wont be a full resto by any stretch, but I can be on the road enjoying a classic for like $1300. Any maybe thats a good thing, after all I wont be worried as much about scratching the paint etc. I can just really enjoy driving it.

Welcome buddy. Cool car. It looks pretty good. You'll remember driving that around for the rest of your life. By the way I neve new any gremlins were sold with a v8. Must of been fast as all get out

Heh heh heh. 5.0 fox mustangs were GREMLINIZED!

Welcome fellow New Yorker , looking forward to seeing your 64 Dart passing me on the road . Good luck with the car .

-
Back