Hello from Oklahoma Newbie!

-

Badfish1

Reaction score
Hello to all, total newbie here. Just blessed to get a 1967 Barracuda Formula S. Hope to learn from all the experts here on the site. Get ready for a lot of stupid questions. Once again hello to all. Jason

Welcome aboard!!.............fastback or notch?????

need to change dashpad. I have a almost new one. do I have to remove the instrument panel to remove the pad? I have removed the ones on the glove box side but I hate to remove the instrument panel because all the gauges and lights are working really don't want to mess up anything. but the original pad is cracked and the car would look a lot better with the new one. thanks for any input. Jason

Welcome to FABO Jason!! Good to have you here!

I would also post your dash question in the "Mopar Interiors" Thread. It might get seen better there.

Welcome from Broken Arrow, OK. Where are you in Oklahoma?
There is a great Mopar Show in OKC this weekend Saturday at Bricktown Bass Pro Shop!
Come enjoy many other Mopars!
Todd

Where at in Oklahoma? I'm in Bethany, OK. There will be an all MOPAR dyno event Friday night before the big MOPAR car show in bricktown. I don't plan on trying to dyno my /6 dart. But I want to come spectate and see some big power numbers!

Love your car! I love that year of fish! Good luck and welcome!

I'm in Tulsa. Would love to drive cuda to mopar show but waiting on title from California. Plus she needs a little tlc. Anybody here in Oklahoma know a trusted brake man. The badfish needs a complete brake job. Thanks again for the welcome

Hey.

To get that dash pad off/on you will need to pull the cluster. To do that you will need to drop your column so you have clearance to get the cluster out. Don't worry to much about gauges not working or stopping as you will find there are many simple repairs to keep them working properly. If your careful when you unplug it and use some dielectric grease when you re-plug the terminals you will have some protection for the future.

I agree that there is nothing worse to look at than a cracked up dash. It's right in your eyesight all the time unlike a dent on the passenger side quarter.

If you pull the cluster one of the best and simplest mods is to ground the circuit board via a wire to the sheet metal. The gauge need a good ground ref to operate properly and the screw connection that bonds the cluster to the sheet metal is often compromised by corrosion.

Also if you remove your driver seat you will have a 100% better time getting under the dash and not breaking your back. Only 4 nuts and you open up a ton of space to work.

Second best mod would be to install a set of relays and reroute your power to the lights. There is a member on here that makes and sells the kit or they are easily available on ebay for under $30.00.

Third is to ditch the ammeter and install a voltmeter. Once again there are many threads here to guide you through the process.

There are many, many more simple yet effective mods....hell someone should write a book called 101 effective mods for your a-body.

Good luck and remember to post pics of what your working on when your asking questions.....they really help the other members when they are trying to help figure out your issues.

PO

Mop

-
Back