Hello From PA

-

DAM DART

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me join.
I have always wanted a Dodge Dart so I sold my 1973 all original stingray corvette to buy one.
I found this 1972 dart in West Virginia and had to have it. Its so much more fun to drive than my vette. BUT is the 72 dart an oddball when it comes to finding parts ?

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

Looks like a 70-71 with the flush side marker lights, but they could have been installed later. 72 has the surface mount side markers and a different grill, not sure when they went with large bolt pattern wheels, I am sure there is more to come. I dont think its that much of an oddball year, 73 is when the beak front end came out and other changes.

Looks like a 70-71 with the flush side marker lights, but they could have been installed later. 72 has the surface mount side markers and a different grill, not sure when they went with large bolt pattern wheels, I am sure there is more to come. I dont think its that much of an oddball year, 73 is when the beak front end came out and other changes.
It has fiberglass front fenders. I want to put steel ones back on it.

It has fiberglass front fenders. I want to put steel ones back on it.
It is a nice car, I was just pointing out a few things that stuck out to me. Like said 72 has different side markers, almost look like lights you would see on a Pop up camper (on a 72).

It is a nice car, I was just pointing out a few things that stuck out to me. Like said 72 has different side markers, almost look like lights you would see on a Pop up camper (on a 72).
Can you tell me what year fenders will work on my car ? It seems like the parts catalog's I have skip 72.

Can you tell me what year fenders will work on my car ? It seems like the parts catalog's I have skip 72.
70-71 will work. If you want to run the 72 side markers, you have to basically modify the replacement with bodywork and fit the 72 side markers. The front side marker on a 72 is higher, and on the same plane as the rear side marker. Your car looks good with the 70-71 side markers, I would go that route, unless you have to have it correct as a 72.

70-71 will work. If you want to run the 72 side markers, you have to basically modify the replacement with bodywork and fit the 72 side markers. The front side marker on a 72 is higher, and on the same plane as the rear side marker. Your car looks good with the 70-71 side markers, I would go that route, unless you have to have it correct as a 72.
Thanks for the info.

Beautiful car. Yea, those Corvettes look good, but they are so low, stiff, and uncomfortable. They just look good from the outside. You should be able to find parts for your car. No problem. Some guys sell right on this site like Whitepunkonnitro. He sells a lot of stuff here

Reminds me of National Lampoon Vacation " Are there any DAM questions? "Yeah you got any DAM Bait?"

Welcome from another fellow PA'er. You can't be too far from old ZKX14 aka Keefer! Welcome!

-
Back