Hello from Pittsburgh, Me Too!!!

-

PA Dodger

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Dan and I'm a Pittsburgh area A Body owner. After many years of playing with E Bodies and B Bodies I had an opportunity to buy a really nice '69 Dart convertible. Some of you may recognize the Dart since it's been on this site a few times over the years. It was sad to see my '70 Challenger go but I can say I traded up. :thumleft:
View attachment dart1-1-1.jpg

View attachment DSC02978-1.jpg
The Challenger stayed in the Pittsburgh area so I'll see it from time to time. I see there are many Pittsburghers here. Hope to meet yinz guys sometime.

Welcome........... We should try to get together at Pittsburgh Mills mall. They have a cruise every Wednesday night.

Welcome!!! What area of da 'burg ??

FF

I'm from the Irwin area. I'm surprised how many members are in SW PA. I see SpeedracerX is from somewhere just outside my back yard. My normal cruise spot is the Saturday evening Norwin Hills show. Always a nice turnout. I did the Friday Wexford show with another Dart friend last year.

HemiMark, I didn't even know The Mills had a cruise.

Anyway, I'm on hold with the Dart until PADot decides if the Dart is worthy of an antique plate.

I think the problem is it's during the work week. For me it would be: Try to leave work early, get the car out, make the trip (about 45 minutes), get home to get ready for work the next day, etc... It may be a nice show for people who live near there but that means a smaller show.

Welcome, I'm in Hempfield Township near Greensburg.

Hey HemiMark, Did you say somewhere you had a restaurant in the Burgh? My wife is from the North Hills.

Welcome to the site. What drivetrain is the Dart running?

A mild 340 auto with a 3.91 geared 8 3/4 rear. The cool novelty item is the electric exhaust cutouts. It puts a smile on my face.:supz:

Here's a video clip of the car from a previous owner. It was an 1/8 mile track. I was told it would be 13.2 in the quarter.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uScWywtRyfA"]‪69 Dart GT Conv - 1969dartgtconv.stasis-x.com‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks all. I'll be picking your brains a good bit here. I have been doing B & E Bodies for a long time where everything fits anything. I'm thinking about disc brakes for this car. Not much out there for the early A-Body with SBP wheels. But I guess you guys already knew that. It'll be a learning curve for sure.

-
Back