Hello from Pittsburgh

-

shadango

Reaction score
New guy here.

I have already posted some messages, particularly in a thread where I was asking for advice on a purple 72 Duster.

Got a lot of great input..so thanks for that!

Well, this is where you introduce yourself, so here it goes.

But, just a warning, I tend to be a bit long winded....LOL...but i like to share info. :toothy10::toothy10:

I live near Pittsburgh in a city called McKeesport....basically a half-dead steel mill town in the rust belt. Some nice old Mopar iron around, but mostly see them at car shows or when someone's garage is open.

I have wanted an old MOPAR for years now....my Dad had an old Coronet that I remember riding in...that factory dark green......No idea what was in it....I was too young. My grandad had a 74 Duster (silver)....v8 but cant recall what size....before that he had a 67 (?) Belvedere 4 door.

But I think those cars sparked something in me.

I also like old Mustangs and Camaros....almost bought a real nicely redone one back in 1990 at the ripe age of 22 for $5k....deep maroon with a ghost white rally stripe.....basic rebuilt 350....chassis was all redone. I put a deposit on it and then the money fell through. At the time I was really just starting out, and I live in Western PA.......so not a great car to have a primary driver,.....LOL It broke my heart though.

Well, life took over and other priorities....got into motorcycles...currently have a '05 Honda VTX1300...wheels are out being chromed for it as we speak....I ride year round, rain, shine, snow, whatever.....

I have a sweet 92 Dakota 4x4 pickup....bought her in 93 with about 20k on the ticker....Magnum 318 automatic (first year for the magnum)...230 hp stock I believe.....3.90 sure grip rear....original Bonzai Blue truck, repainted in 97 or 98 courtesy of the Dodge brothers due to peeling issues....cloth buckets....she has fender flares and a visor, tonneau cover, and custom wheels. Gibson exhaust with a different brand stanless steel racing muffler.....sounds AWESOME imho. That truck lives in the garage pretty much....I take her out to take a ride on nice days and also sometimes to haul stuff....she isnt show quality or anything...a driver....but she's pretty (I think).

And I have a 03 Durango with the 360 and 3.90 open, 4x4 with 4lo txfr case....,my daily driver to go pick up the kids, etc. or when what I need to carry wont fit on the bike or in its saddlebags.

Have a couple old ATVs we putz around on.....

But I feel like I need yet another toy....LOL

Been looking seriously now for an old Mopar. A body prefered I think....though the old coronets and gtxs are nice....but I really like the "smaller" sportier Cudas, Challengers and Dusters/Darts.

Since Cudas/Challengers are pretty much a rich mans game now, I am looking for the Duster/Dart now almost exclsuively......of course if a Cuda/Challenger presents itself I will be all over it. :-D

I dont hang out on many online forums, but I do hang out on vtxoa.com....for VTX owners....good group of folks and great source of info and a place to use as a sounding board. Sometimes we get a liitle heated in duscussion and the crap starts to fly....but its a great "family" of sorts.

And after perusing this forum a bit, I can tell its another great forum to hang out on.

Unless life throws another curve, I am hoping I find my Mopar sooner than later and become a regular here.

Thanks in advance for the info and advice that you guys will share.

Dave

Welcome, Shadango. You will find yourself drawn more and more to this great site. Once the Mopar bug bites you, it is hard to resist. Great tech, experience, and knowledge with a lot of friendly people here.

Welcome aboard, keep looking for that coveted A-Body it will appear sooner or later, maybe even on this site in cars for sale forum!

Welcome,
I'm from Bethel Park originaly, Class of '74. Admitting you like 'Stangs and Kamarrow's on this site is like sayin' youz like Chicy and da Ravens (don't do it Bro). Let's see the Steelers be the only team have six rings, leave SanFran, Dallas, in the dust with 5!!!! Here we go Steelers, Here we go. We gotta BIG following out in OKC, but I'm in the SE corner, Wish I could get back for a game and a cold Iron City.

welcome your right this is a great place to hang out.I HATE YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM!!!! GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some day they will beat shitsburg

From Schooners Station in Colton, CA., home of the western chapter of the Black and Gold Brigade, welcome, and GO STEELERS!

Welcome to the site, good luck with finding the A body you want. What ever happened to your dad's Coronet? Do you remember what year it was?

Welcome to the site, good luck with finding the A body you want. What ever happened to your dad's Coronet? Do you remember what year it was?

I dont know for sure.....either a 70 or 71....I know it had the vent-like scallops (not real vents though) on the rear front quarters on the side and it had the two rounded grille bezels in the front.....it was that really dark green....2 door....It was long gone by thetime I was old enough to be into cars.....darn it. :angry7:

I dont know for sure.....either a 70 or 71....I know it had the vent-like scallops (not real vents though) on the rear front quarters on the side and it had the two rounded grille bezels in the front.....it was that really dark green....2 door....It was long gone by thetime I was old enough to be into cars.....darn it. :angry7:

That sounds like a 70 to me. Look something like this?

1970DodgeSuperbee383unrestored.jpg

cc_70coronetsuperbee.jpg

Yep.....though I seem to remember there being chrome in the side scallops?

A 1970 Super Bee never had chrome trim there, only the Coronet 500 or plain Coronet 440 models, maybe Coronet R/T had them.....unless they had the side scoops.

A 1970 Super Bee never had chrome trim there, only the Coronet 500 or plain Coronet 440 models, maybe Coronet R/T had them.....unless they had the side scoops.

Well it definately had chrome from what I remember...must have been the 500 or 440 then?

Welcome, I'm originally from New Castle PA. I took a job in NM 14yrs ago and the rest is history. I sure do miss the fall leaves in Tionessta PA. Hope you enjoy the site. GO STEELERS!!!! You have to be Black and Gold.

-
Back