Hello from Sacramento CA

-

Clinton Short

Reaction score
Been a member for a little over a year now and just starting to get into things. I have a 67 Dodge Dart GT Convertible which I am restoring as I go. This is the first project car I have ever taken part in and so far I have enjoyed every minute of it.

History
My Father (Mechanic by trade) bought the car in the late 80s as a barn find. Car was in pretty bad shape at the time. My father put a rebuilt 360 LA Small block and 727 transmission in to replace the 273 and 903 stock. The car was repainted and changed from canary yellow to fire engine red. The interior was refinished and reconditioned as needed. The car sat in the garage for most of the 1990s 2000s and 2010s as my father had other projects to work on. In 2018, my father found and took home a 1966 Cadillac Convertible and all his free time and attention moved to that car. in 2021, we all decided I would be allowed to buy the car and would work on getting it back to its former glory.

The first time I drove the car was in 1996 at my junior year prom. The next time I drove it was at my 2006 wedding with my wife. We always loved the car from afar as my father lived in Indiana and we lived in Florida or California. Even with his Cadillac being the favorite of everyone around us, This dart was always my dream car. I have always had a real connection to the car and connected to it emotionally as part of my wedding and growing up. Taking ownership of the car and seeing it in my garage always brings a smile to my face.

We had to do a lot to get it roadworthy. The engine needed maintenance and the tires were dryrotted and falling apart. There was some engine parts that had to replaced (I cant remember it all) but we made it through and in August 2021 I had it shipped out here to California.

My Upgrades include:
Cragar Rims and Michelin tires
Convertible Boot
Chrome Style Engine parts (Valve covers, Caps, Ballast, Air Filter)
All Ignition parts (Spark plus, wires and Distributor)

My Current Project
Rewiring the whole car using the American Autowire Classic wiring kit

My Future Projects
Strip down and repaint
re-chrome, reshape (remove dents) or replace all trim
Disc Front brakes (Currently 4 wheel drums)
8 3/4 Rear end (Currently 7 1/4 grocery getter Rear)

This car is now a part of me and will one day belong to my daughters. I will work on it and improve it for the remainder of my life.

309890846_6203080579708738_6962612704606665253_n.jpg

DartBackground.jpg

Dart.JPG

MicrosoftTeams-image (8).jpg

MicrosoftTeams-image (7).jpg

Thanks! She is currently a 20ft ride but I will get her down to 10ft in time :). Even so, She is the most beautiful car I have ever seen

Welcome to the site.
Consider attending a meeting of the Capital City Mopars car club. We meet on the first Tuesday of every month at the California Auto Museum on Front Street in Sacramento.

Welcome to the site.
Consider attending a meeting of the Capital City Mopars car club. We meet on the first Tuesday of every month at the California Auto Museum on Front Street in Sacramento.
Once I get her back up and running, I will. I am a member of the California Auto Museum and work right across the river at the Ziggurat!

-
Back