Hello from South Texas

-

68barrcuda451

Reaction score
I've been browsing your site for a while and decided it was time to join up. I'm working (slooowwwlly) on a 68 Barracuda. Plans call for a low deck stroker (almost finished), 727, 8-3/4. Use will be street/cruise.

I've already seen a lot of great posts with really helpful info. Look forward to more of the same.

Welcome From northeast Arkansas.
You have been browsing so I am sure you know we have some of the best of the best tec's here and some really good folks too.
Should I let him know cudaspaz??

ok I will. :worthles:

Jump on in and enjoy :-D

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, I've already found a wealth of tech stuff thats helped me on my way. Only have a handful of pic's. Here are a few I had handy, I'll try to find some more.
The first few are the car pretty much the way it rolled off the trailer. The second batch are the block etc

I'll try to get more posted soon....

100_1568.jpg

100_1569.jpg

100_1570.jpg

100_1571.jpg

100_1853.jpg

100_1854.jpg

100_1855.jpg

crank1.jpg

Welcome, nice to have ya!! Things seem to be shaping up nicely for you :cheers:

2052882_1.jpg

s550532141_330153_7026.jpg

Thanks Jimmy. Got a long long way to go to get to whaere your at with your Valiant. That's one heckuva good looking car!

Thanks Cudaspaz! Pics attached. More to follow... Awesome cuda by the way!!!

Welcome to the board!!

I am on the NE side also and it looks like we are only a couple of miles apart.8)

Excellent! Always good to know I've got some company not too far off. I'm just south of Wetmore and Thousand Oaks. You?

I'll send you a PM the next time I have a Fish fry. I came home with 36 Catfish the other night so my freezer is getting pretty full.:cheers:
I have a few Red Drum in there too.
Maybe the 18th or 19th of this month.

How long have you had your car? Any more pics?

Fish fry sounds good! I've had the car about 2 years. I picked it up as a "roller" out of Arizona. No rust, body is reasonably straight. No engine/trans.

I started working on it about a year ago. Picked up a 400 block and a 727. Bought a 440Source stroker kit (hence the 451) Got the machine done on the block but one of the heads was cracked. Figured I might as well take the plunge and get the 440Source heads too. Engine is coming together nicely. When I'm out of cash I do body work on it. I've never done body work before, so I usually end up doing stuff two or three times before I get it right. I getting close to being able to prime and block sand the whole car. Plan on doing the engine bay first since its empty right now. I found an 8 3/4 A body rear with a 742 center section but its a single legger. Need to swap to disc brakes up front too. The list goes on forever......

I had some other picks but I can't find them. Ineed to take some more anyway. I'll PM you when I get'em. What's the story on your car(s)?

When I'm out of cash I do body work on it. I've never done body work before, so I usually end up doing stuff two or three times before I get it right.

Your working on yours the same way I do mine. LOL>

I built the wife a 75 Dart a few years back to try and get her into bracket racing. She got it into the high 12's (she is definately hooked) and we sold it last winter to make way for her "dream car", the 66GT. She wants to go 11's in it but it still has the 6 cylinder. Once we actually start, it should take us about a year.

I pulled the 318 out of my Duster and it will go into the 66 for now just so we can play with it. All I really have to do is rebuild the front end and I could drive it to work. Should happen in the next couple of months.

My Duster I am just throwing together with parts I already had and a fresh 340 so we can get back the track and satisfy that "itch". I just dropped the engine in a couple of nights ago on a day off and it should go in the 12's somewhere. We are just going to beat on it at the track while we are saving money for her restoration, a cage. enclosed trailer, etc.

Once hers gets done, I need to sell the Duster and find a dream car of my own. It will either be a 66 Charger or what is currently sitting in your driveway. 8)

Welcome, fellow Texian. I am in central Texas, near Temple, between Waco and Austin. Very nice project, and I envy you for your nice shop/garage, too.

Jerry

-
Back