Hello from Spring Branch, TX

-

MrDuster

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm Mark and have owned my 71 340 Duster ever since my 71 318 Charger was totalled by a drunk driver...luckily no one got hurt. That was high school 30+ years ago...Mr Duster has seen the hay fields of Montana where I grew up on a farm...then travelled around with me to several states before settling in TX. It has a 727 Torqueflite which is being rebuilt...should have it back soon. It has sat for the last 10 to 15 yrs being driven only once in awhile...for the last 2 years it hasn't moved. Just had the radiator cleaned (I need to get a shroud and new fan), have a new gas tank, water and fuel pump to install and should pick up a new federal power strg pump in a couple days...like the idea of switching to Saginaw, but didn't want to hunt down new brackets. Rebuilt the TQ and added an oil cooler for the trans vs running lines to yhe radiator. Can't wait to get everything back in and fire it up. This forum is awesome...reading posts have answered many of the ??'s I had over the years. On the road now, but will have some pics soon. It's hemi orange with a black 340 stripe. Blue Skies, Mark

Thanks guys for the welcome. I can't load the px as it says the file is too large. I'm sure a 10 year old would now how…will post once a computer genius is here.
Mark

Mark, welcome to the family neighbor. I'm in Missouri City About 45 minutes south of you. If you ever need help with your car give me a call. (PM me and I'll send you my #). I also have some A-Body parts if you ever need anything. :cheers:

Welcome, there is a thread with a link to reducing pic file size if you look for it. If i could figure it out anyone can :)

Welcome to FABO! You'll like it here as we all have the same addiction. Some worse or better than others, depending on how you look at it. We are like the AA of A-bodies! The hobby can be intoxicating..... Lol! :drunken:

Welcome and thanks for the cool story on your cars..

As for loading pics that are too large... The easiest way to fix that is open your photos in Paint and then resave them with a different name as a Jpeg... You will find the size of the pic considerably smaller...

Thanks 68er for the tip…I'll give it a try. Luckily my 10 year old is home so I'm sure I'll get a couple pics up soon. I'm getting to the front wheel bearings for a repack…having a heck of a time getting the caliper bolts loose. Amazing how tight they got 13 years ago…sprayed with PB Blaster and am taking a break.

Ok…save iPhoto to dummy folder on Desktop…then uploaded from there. A few wouldn't load…once I get it out on the street I'll take a few more. GREAT news this morning is the fender tag was decoded and it came from the factory pretty much as it is now…hemi orange/red irid, 340 w/4bbl TQ, Black strip, hardtop, low budget bench split seats with black velvet, etc. Built in Sep 1970 in LA. I've had it repainted a couple times in the past 30+ years, always same color…cheap paint job on it now (looks good from afar). It's not perfectly original for sure, Nox Exhaust emission control is gone, in high school I put "cooler" wheels on and some hood pins. Little bit of body work to do on some rear qtr panel rust…Hope to send out some nice pictures in a month or two. Tranny coming back from Keith Long hopefully next week…said it was too cold to ship this week…looking forward to firing it up!

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0372.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 207
-
Back