Hello, from Tucson, Az

-

JasonR

Reaction score
Hello!
After decades of dreaming, and finally getting rid of all the excuses to NOT have the Mopar I've wanted, the stars aligned and I found this sweet '69 Dart to call my own.
Just brought her home about 30 min. ago...
1969 Dart, and according to the original invoice the AC, Torqueflight, and Deluxe trim and decor package has been with it since it was born. Same goes for the Leaning Tower of Power that purrs like a kitten.
Last owner did the suspension, and put in power disc brakes, very clean and good job, not to mention a nice upgrade.
The list of things to fix is pretty short: tranny seals, get the AC going, fuel level sending unit, and get the speedo to actually display the speed, but otherwise it is a very fine survivor and drives like a dream. She has a few dents and dings, but no more than I do ;)
Cheers, and I'll see you all around the forum!
Jason

dart.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm pretty dang happy with the Dart. I'll keep pics coming as I do the few things I need to do to her...

That is a sweetheart. I was watching it on craigslist I believe, and boy it was tempting. But alas, I just bought a 69 and I'm committed to this one,but man that is a nice Dart! I'm in Vail so maybe I'll get to see her in person some day.
Good luck to ya!

That is a sweetheart. I was watching it on craigslist I believe, and boy it was tempting. But alas, I just bought a 69 and I'm committed to this one,but man that is a nice Dart! I'm in Vail so maybe I'll get to see her in person some day.
Good luck to ya!

Yeah, I found it on Craigslist but Ray, the guy I bought it from, is on here. alwaysamopar is his handle I think.
Any Mopar cruise nights coming up? Love them '69's man!

Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Nice Dart. What are your future plans? Going to stick with the slant or do you have plans for more performance?
I'm currently building a '69 Dart. Just had to relive some of the memories of my '69 340 Swinger I never should have sold years ago.

Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Nice Dart. What are your future plans? Going to stick with the slant or do you have plans for more performance?
I'm currently building a '69 Dart. Just had to relive some of the memories of my '69 340 Swinger I never should have sold years ago.

Thanks everyone.

OC, plans are to keep it stock, as a driver. I have to smog it here in Tucson so I think my options are pretty limited as far as performance upgrades. Maybe down the line once all the little stuff is sorted out, and money allows, I'll Super Six her. She's a nice survivor though, with some reasonable upgrades, and I'd like to keep her as close to stock as possible.

Do I wish for a hemi, four speed, and a sure grip? Sure as heck do! But I'm pretty happy, or will be when I get the AC working, as-is for now :)

Thanks everyone.

OC, plans are to keep it stock, as a driver. I have to smog it here in Tucson so I think my options are pretty limited as far as performance upgrades. Maybe down the line once all the little stuff is sorted out, and money allows, I'll Super Six her. She's a nice survivor though, with some reasonable upgrades, and I'd like to keep her as close to stock as possible.

Do I wish for a hemi, four speed, and a sure grip? Sure as heck do! But I'm pretty happy, or will be when I get the AC working, as-is for now :)

Arizona requires you to smog a pre-1973 vehicle?

67 and newer have to have an emissions test in Phoenix and Tucson,(Maricopa and Pima counties). Newer than 2007 are exempt also. Cars with 'collector' status, which requires collector car insurance may be exempt.

67 and newer have to have an emissions test in Phoenix and Tucson,(Maricopa and Pima counties). Newer than 2007 are exempt also. Cars with 'collector' status, which requires collector car insurance may be exempt.

Yep. But to get collector car insurance I need a full enclosed and lockable garage, which I do not have...

-
Back