Hello from Vancouver, BC

-

Traikun

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a 1964 Valiant V200, which I'm having some supreme difficulty in finding parts for!

Anyhow, this looks like a good place to be, so I'll be roaming the forums for the next while!

Welcome to FABO Traikun .

Nice to see a member with another early A on the site.

Post what you need, and see if any one of the great members on here have the part or can point you in the right direction.

Welcome from Duncan BC. You BC guys going to Mopar Madness in Langley on July 12th?

Welcome from the outskirts of Vancouver

Used to be a guy in Port Kells, Langley Mopar Dave?Cuda Dave? Used to have ads for Mopar parts in the Buy&Sell. Had lots put was very pricey on his stuff

Welcome from the outskirts of Vancouver

Used to be a guy in Port Kells, Langley Mopar Dave?Cuda Dave? Used to have ads for Mopar parts in the Buy&Sell. Had lots put was very pricey on his stuff

Yep, the guy goes by Cuda Dave. Never talked to him though...like you said, always heard he was very pricey. Do you know if he just has parts or does he have parts cars?

mopar gary your thinking about?

post what you need, those cars are plentyful up here in the okanagan.

Welcome from Ontario!Parts can be found,believe me,there is no 66 Darts for parts around here(Ontario)I,ve been very fortunate with finding parts here at FABO,guys have helped in numerous ways.Good Luck in your search,just post in parts wanted forum or keep eyes peeled for parts in Early-A,s they don,t last!

i would have to be pretty hard up to buy his stuff.

there are 4 or 5 flippers in the greater vancouver area that are very expensive trying to cash in on guys who know nothing about mopars or where to find parts they just have money to burn

mopar gary your thinking about?

post what you need, those cars are plentyful up here in the okanagan.

That's him Cuda Gary I think he has mostly parts unless he is storing the cars somewhere else, his back yard looked pretty empty last time I cruised by on my way to Langley.

There was another guy several years ago in squamish area that had tons of parts but I lost his number.

i would have to be pretty hard up to buy his stuff.

there are 4 or 5 flippers in the greater vancouver area that are very expensive trying to cash in on guys who know nothing about mopars or where to find parts they just have money to burn

That's why I buy my stuff from mopar friends that live in the States, a couple of buddies just live across the boarder in WA

Wow, that's quite the response!

It was a gorgeous day today. Spent the day cruising around, enjoying the sun!

July 12th, you say? We'll be there, that's for sure! I'm off to check the parts forums, and post some requests myself! :)

Welcome from Duncan BC. You BC guys going to Mopar Madness in Langley on July 12th?
Depens on if the wife is working or not, If she is working, I'll have to take care of the baby. I havent been to it since it was in Surrey, wheres it held now? Java Hut?

Depens on if the wife is working or not, If she is working, I'll have to take care of the baby. I havent been to it since it was in Surrey, wheres it held now? Java Hut?
Sorry, just scrolled down found the link. Thanks.

Thanks for the link, We will definitely be there!

Here are some pics of our baby! Very little exterior body rust. The driver's side rear quarter is nearly the worst of it, really. There are 2 golf ball sized holes to be patched. New driver's side rocker panels wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't think you can see it in any of the pictures, but beneath the back door on the driver's side the rocker panel is fairly rotted.

The engine bay has a bit of surface rust, but very little. The trunk has more surface rust but it looks fairly manageable. There are the standard dings and dents from the last 45 years, but the worst of it is just behind the passenger's side headlight, and that's not so bad.

The rear bench seat is in decent condition if dirty. The front seat needs to be reupholstered/recovered, but we found a near-new bench seat for $75 which we're picking up today!

She needs a set of wheel bearings thrown at her. The worst thing that we've noticed thus far is that the rear floor pans need to be replaced (I can feel and see the sound dampening material from beneath the car, and could probably put a fist through the hole!), and I'm having a difficult time of locating them! Front floor pans probably wouldn't be a bad idea, but I have found an online source for those! I would dearly love to find a local source for all of this stuff, or a clever fabricator who could fabricate for us! :)

But she runs, and hasn't really given us any grief yet.

btw, in case you're curious as to why I continuously refer to myself as 'we', is because my girlfriend purchased the Valiant. She got it for an amazing steal! $900, with a spare 273 (disassembled) which we plan to rebuild, transmission, torque converter, wiper motor, starter, 2 grilles, two big handfuls of chrome, gauge cluster, red interior panels, rear console panel in mint condition, headers, intake manifold, headlight chrome, fuel tank, I believe that's it. We had enough to fill my truck box. It was a hell of a steal.

IMG_3664.JPG

IMG_3676.JPG

prof.jpg

rearprof.JPG

IMG_3673.JPG

IMG_3674.JPG

-
Back