Hello! New member, 75 Duster

-

MoparGal559

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

New member, just picked up my 75 Duster today, super excited to dig though all the great content here as we start working on my new project. If anyone happens to be a fender tag decoding wiz would love some help! Got part of it figured out and ran into some snags. Thanks for having me! -MoparGal (Alexis)

66B9EB75-643A-43AE-AFBF-BDE70A47E09A.jpeg

D2D0DD49-91B3-4ECB-B9B9-E91C7A3F6446.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome to the site !!! I'm always honored to give folks their first "like" ! I love the patina - linseed oil and call it painted !!! LOL Slant six? 318 ??

Welcome to the site !!! I'm always honored to give folks their first "like" ! I love the patina - linseed oil and call it painted !!! LOL Slant six? 318 ??
318! Super excited about it. She runs and drives…just a little rough haha

Welcome to FABO, This is the place to be for all info on A body Mopars! Your car looks like a great start for a project.

318! Super excited about it. She runs and drives…just a little rough haha
V8 car, Awesome! Nothing wrong with a 318. 318's will run.... lol. Looks really straight and solid! Can't find them like that up here in the rust belt. She's a jewel for sure!

I was decoding it and realized my code book only goes to 74. Apparently I need another code book. Thanks for posting the tag though !

Welcome.

Hope you come down to Spring Fling in LA to look for parts. It’s the largest Mopar swap meet in the western US. Lots of Mopar people from you area come down. Best place to find parts for your Duster.

here’s the factory brochure for the 1975 duster. It list the options for most of the codes on your fender tag.

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1975 Plymouth Dealership Data Book - Valiant/Duster

H51 is a code that was used for air conditioning in cars a earliest than yours. Probably still was in '75.

Welcome.

Hope you come down to Spring Fling in LA to look for parts. It’s the largest Mopar swap meet in the western US. Lots of Mopar people from you area come down. Best place to find parts for your Duster.

here’s the factory brochure for the 1975 duster. It list the options for most of the codes on your fender tag.

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1975 Plymouth Dealership Data Book - Valiant/Duster

Very cool, I didn't realize the later dealer books had the codes.

M38 Rear deck lower panel applique (between taillights)... was part of "Duster Custom Coupe"
N37 Catalytic Converter ** thanks @Princess Valiant **
N95 -California Emissions
R11 -AM radio
K6W - White Side Stripes https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1975/75_Valiant_Duster_0017.jpg

J25 - Three speed windshield wipers
J52 -inside hood release
L21 - Trunk Lamp
M21 -Roof drip rail molding
M25 - sill molding
M26 - wheel opening molding

V4W - White Vinyl Canopy Top (half top)
U - : USA Specifications
A91 -special sound insulation
B41 - Power front disc brakes
G52 -left side remote mirror (non racing)
H51 -air conditioning

KB5 - Lucerne Blue Metalic
E2B6 - Blue bench front seat. This pattern: https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1975/75_Valiant_Duster_0005.jpg
000 - Full Door Panels
911 - scheduled to be produced date September 11, 1974 (Your driver side door sticker may have the exact date)
154951 - shipping order number

E44 - 318 2 barrel carb
D34 - automatic transmission
VH29 - ** I think "VH" makes this a "Duster Custom Coupe" model ? **
G5G - G=318-2v, 5=1975 model year, G= St Louis assembly plant
109854 - Vin #

Last edited:
V - Valiant
H - High price class
29 - Sports Roof (semi-fast back)

M38
N37
N95 -California Emissions
R11 -AM radio
K6W

J25 - Three speed windshield wipers
J52 -inside hood release
L21 -
M21 -Roof drip rail molding
M25 - sill molding
M26 - wheel opening molding

V4W
U
A91 -special sound insulation
B41 - Power front disc brakes
G52 -left side remote mirror (non racing)
H51 -air conditioning

KB5 -
E2B6 -
911 - scheduled to be produced date September 11, 1974 (Your driver side door sticker may have the exact date)
154951 - shipping order number

E44 - 318 2 barrel carb
D34 - automatic transmission
VH29 -
G5G
You ROCK thank you! I was slowly getting some of these but your far quicker than I am. Thank you!

Welcome from south of you. Snap some pics under the hood. Has it been messed with or is it fairly stock? The patina on that car is awesome. Nice score.

Welcome to the group. Options posted looks like it was a nice car from the factory. B5 and white stripes, and blue interior.

Isn’t the half vinyl top (canopy?) a pretty rare option?

Welcome from south of you. Snap some pics under the hood. Has it been messed with or is it fairly stock? The patina on that car is awesome. Nice score.
Here’s the one I have so far! We drove from Fresno area down to Apple Valley for it. This has been my road trip entertainment

70F8FF47-0605-4A74-9468-DAA3C8198FBD.jpeg

-
Back