hello. newbie.

-

blind_in_1_ear

Reaction score
hello all i am Michael, and i have a problem....i like what cars USED TO LOOK LIKE!!!!

Had a 73 Valiant, sold it in 94...same price i bought it($700)...regretted it since...not that it was a "perfect" car.....but it was MINE...got a Nissan pickup...i was a snowboarder(i think that's why i did it...money tight and all..) and had to get on the mountain....

so fast forward to now...have a family(2 kids, 4 and 2) and have to kinda budget watch...need to save money as 4 on one salary isn't "easy"...
so i was on the hunt for MY car again...i like the A-Body style, and so few actually left....so i looked around...van maybe?? some Ford and Chevy looked ok, but not "me"....so here i am ....in a 225 /6.

i think once it's my daily driver i will be more satisfied, as it is...been nicking me slowly...brakes, rims, and whole lot of rust....LONG road ahead of me, but i like my car, danggit!!!!

"she's not pretty, but she's MINE!"(*luckily my wife and kids are gorgeous, i however am very ogre like....)

blind's introduction currently finished...
to be updated sometime. :)

Hey Blind,
Welcome to the site!!!!

Nice swell over the last week in SD.
Seen some insane footage at Blacks!!!!!!!!

I surf up in Ventura this time of year,the points have been epic this week,with all time Rincon!!!

You have found a great site.

Take it easy!!!! :thumbup:

Heya Johnny-
yeah the surf was def. up down here..."all time cliffs" was heard from crusty old guy as i was watching it...i dunno about "all time", but looked fun...
i unf. was on kid duty with wife's b-day weekend....ugh...she had a good one, and waves will be back soon....like tomorrow??

how do you travel with your boards? racks or? was thinking in the long run wanting to "hang ten" it maybe...(*fold down back seats...i think 74??) but until then i am Aloha racks bound....and heck rust needs needs new places to expand...hehe

well, Rincon....mmmm, man that is some GOOD waves...little chilly tho, eh? still in the low 60's here...3/2 still works...but might need my hood b/c of my sissy ear issues....but i digress....

back to work for blind...
blind.

P.S. Blacks was HUGE!! 20 foot faces was common....a bit much for this sloth.

Hey Blind,
I have a toyota pickumup truck for the surf ventures,
save the mopars for the streets. :evil2:

Was out yesterday water wasnt to bad 3/2 & booties. :thumleft:

Dont blame you on staying away from blacks,the footage I saw would have had me running for the hills!!!!!!

I can see alot of people on this site going what the f--k are these guys talking about?
Sorry guys just a surf thing. :supz:

Welcome Blind, Hope you enjoy the site. I miss San Diego, haven't been down that way for some time now (retired navy dude). :salute:

pic4.JPG

man that is so sweeeeett 69signetv8.

someday, someday....a dreaming guy the same age as his car....
saw yours as i was lurking...hoping to get to that point eventually...

the dreamer....
blind

blind_in_1_ear said:
man that is so sweeeeett 69signetv8.

someday, someday....a dreaming guy the same age as his car....
saw yours as i was lurking...hoping to get to that point eventually...

the dreamer....
blind
well the first step has been made you have found this site to make your dream's a hole lot easyer and a hole lot of fun :lurk:

welcome and enjoy the site! You will find the knowledge on here to bring your dreams alive. Doesn't lack of cash flow suck? Oh well one piece at a time until my numbers come up!

Yeah the surf rips in Ventura. That's why I love it here. C-street has been going off. Was out yesterday and today. 2-3 OH on the bigger sets. Fun but a little bumpy and strong current. Guess we're getting some wet stuff this weekend. Should be good for the mountains I hope. I should have my car running again in the spring. I can have my boards hanging out the back. hehe. Convertibles are the best surf cars.

Welcome aboard this is a great site

-
Back