hello

-

flight704

Reaction score
I have looked in on this site a couple times and decided to join in. my name is duke and i live in mansfield ohio. I own a 70 dart swinger. I am flight 704 on all boards so some of you might know me all ready. anyways looking forward to hanging out here.

Welcome aboard, good to see another 70 Dart, Post some pics!! Here are mine...a FM3 and a 340!

DSC02848.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

Welcome . The more the better, the mopar the best. :)

my dart is a basket case at the moment. not very photogenic. but its repairable. I always wanted one and found it on ebay for 600 bucks so i went and snatched it up.

my dart is a basket case at the moment. not very photogenic. but its repairable. I always wanted one and found it on ebay for 600 bucks so i went and snatched it up.

You`ve got to start somewhere. My 68 Barracuda was a basket case too and it eventually turned out nice, :clock: although it`s not through,...... you`re never through!

Welcome to FABO and it looks like you have a nice foundation car there. Are you going to have time to get it going along with your Dakota and Neon projects? After looking at the Dakota, I think I know why you were considering the /6 turbo project. Good luck!

gtx thats a good point. in my defense that neon is long gone. I sold it on ebay after it was done.. no one was going to let a novice shadetree painter screw up a $3000 and up house of kolor kandy paint job so i bought that car just so i could paint it. it was a great learning experience well worth the 600 bucks i payed for the paints and chemicals :cheers:

my dakota is just about done. the oil pump seized inside the housing and sent shavings through the bottom end but all the expensive stuff is bought and paid for. just need to send the block off and get it punched out and paint work and its ready to roll.

on my the dart i have accumulated parts for it along the way but i tore my dakota apart before i had everything needed and l learned a valuable lesson not to do it again. the dart runs and drives as it is. no use teraing it apart till my garage is empty and i have everything i need to complete it. .

on my the dart i have accumulated parts for it along the way but i tore my dakota apart before i had everything needed and l learned a valuable lesson not to do it again. the dart runs and drives as it is. no use teraing it apart till my garage is empty and i have everything i need to complete it. .

Great plan. Of course, you will be searching for many parts after its torn down as well but getting the larger parts and as many of the others as you can think of before tearing it down is the best way to go.

I concede , its a sickness and i have it bad, very bad. but i am trying not to tear into it before I am sure where i am going and have the cash on hand to get there.

I am usually a turbocharger guy but i have always wanted to do a blower car and my dart is a prime candidate. I still have a couple big decisions like that before i start on it. probably late 08 or early 09 before i tear into it honestly.

Welcome Luke, and not to worry there are lot of real nice cars here that probably started as basket cases and look at them now.

Terry

welcome luke.
I enjoyed your site as well, Glad you jumped on in.
I have a la 318 91 Dakota, and it is a sleeper and a worker.
The chebby boys have seen the bumper as I jump out in front of there big trucks.
Keep us updated and I will keep an eye on your site.
Looks like you a darn good deal on the Dart. Solid.
is it a two barrel intake?. if so , Let me know when you take it apart.
Jump on in and enjoy.

3337.jpg

dry22.jpg

-
Back