Hello

-

72BlueSwinger

Reaction score
Hey ya'll. I've been reading some in the forum on here and decided to join. Hopefully by this weekend I will be starting work on a 72 Dart Swinger 318 auto. I'll have to wait a few more days to tell the story of how I came into ownership of it, due to legal matters and the possibility of disgruntled family, but anyways.....

I hope I can be of some help, if not, maybe I'll at least provide cheap entertainment. :-D

hi i am new to the site allso but would like to say welcome. I gave my son my 72 dart i had last year for christmass. Mopar658)

Welcome to the site, like Prine said, we are picture freaks around here, looking forward to seein some!

I don't have any digital pictures yet, besides, she needs a lil bath before the photo shoot. Its not much to look at now, but gimme a winter or two. I was checking it out tonight in the barn where its sitting and finally pulled the tarp off the engine bay. I spied an edelbrock carb on a performer intake and an MSD ignition coil right off. I'm pretty sure this 318 is warmed up. :-D

I did, however, run into one somewhat major malfunction... I put the hood on it, and it won't go down.. so I had to take it back off. Seems the hood supports/springs are either so worn out they're catching, or else its sat so long with the (removed) hood up that it seized up the springs... I know they have some serious slop from side to side without the hood on. I'm going to post about this is the appropriate forum on here, but I was wondering if a set of 74 hood hinges would work on it.. I have a good set of those. Anyways.. I'll have some pictures hopefully this weekend. BTW.. thanks for all the welcomes.

Welacome 72blueSwinger.:cheers:
Someone may have remove the hood that was on it and did not bolt the hinges in tight.:dontknow:
Hope to here more soon on your 72 swinger.
We have some of the best of the best tec's here and some good folks too.
jump on in and enjoy:thumleft:

Ok I finally posted some pics over in the Member Restorations forum. I will also have some questions in various other places on the forum. I'd appreciate the help/advice.

-
Back