Hellwig or Hotchkis ?

-

mprbluez

Reaction score
I have a 1973 Duster, want to put a front sway bar on it. 55905 Hellwig or 22386F Hotchkis the kits look about identical but the Helwig is cheaper. anybody use either one of these kits ? It does not have a factory sway bar.

I've got a Hellwig swaybar on my '73 Dart.
Works nice, use it everyday. Installation was straightforward, but my LCA's had mounting tabs already.

20120311-73Dart-Swaybar-IMG_1828.jpg

Not sure how i feel about having to drill into my lca s to install the hellwig bars on my nontabbed arms

I have a hellwig front swaybar, install was strait forward. Instructions had everything you needed to know aside from the one off drill bit size for the lca's mounting tabs, I had to improvise and go with the next closest size (car didn't originally come with a sway bar so I had to drill the lca's for the bolt on end link mounting tabs). Build quality of everything in the kit seems top notch.

also Addco makes a sway bar for these to, I just put one on my sons Duster, it is much like the Hellwig bar but a little cheaper, also built in USA, good product, fit well, his did not have the tabs on the lower arms but did have the tabs in the kit, two small hole to drill, very easy

I didn't have to drill to install a Hellwig bar on my 67. But the design is different, yeah.

I like the hollow Hellwig bar -- unsprung weight is bad. That Addco bar weighs a ton, and the brackets are much cheesier.

I'll cast a vote for the Hotchkis huge hollow bar with welded on tabs, and mounting plates. Can't say enough about how the F/R bars and Fox shocks really changed the handling of this car.

-
Back