hellwig swaybar install

-
Try SuspensionConnection.com and if that fails, call them. Jeremy was able to arrange a dropship from Hellwig. The price was around $300.00, delivered.

Got the old bar removed today and the new bar installed.
Definitely tightened up the front end of this 38 year old car.

fswbold1.jpg

faswbnew.jpg

faswbnew5.jpg

faswbnew2.jpg

old bar with new.jpg

First off, I have driven my car. It is night and day. The handling is better than expected.

Seondly, in regards to the Addco bar, the only bar that is any good is the 73-76 one that has the flat metal plates for the frame mounts. The 67-72 SUCKS. the frame mount is a joke. An L bracket with a vertical placement for the D-shaped bushing.....gimme a break. JUNK...JUNK .......JUNK.

I agree - the Addco stock front K-frame mount is a bad joke. That's why I modified mine.

Try SuspensionConnection.com and if that fails, call them. Jeremy was able to arrange a dropship from Hellwig. The price was around $300.00, delivered.

That's $300 for the front only, right? Did you add the back bar too? W/o it, you might find yourself in an overly understeer condition.

Thanks for all the pictures everyone! This front bar is wider than stock? Wider, or as wide as the Addco? Does it affect the front mounted calipers for disk brake cars? I ask because you car is front drum, no?

The front bar should not require cutting the factory tabs off the LCA. We include the shock mount brackets for installations without factory mounts. If anyone is having problems with using factory mounting tabs, please call me at 559-734-7451 and we will get the issue resolved.

Does it affect the front mounted calipers for disk brake cars, as the Addco bar does?

Here is the new tubular model front bar from Hellwig for my '71 Dart.
Many thanks to Dave from Hellwig who assisted in getting this part correctly ordered through Suspension Connection.

What is the ruler there supposed to show?

No issues whatsoever with the drum brakes on my car, but do not know about disc brake equipped vehicles.
I had the Hellwig rear antisway bar mounted previously, so it has Hellwig front and rear now.
I put the tape measure down as a perspective/scale device.
Yes, the new one is a tad wider than the factory-installed version. Far superior quality as well.

I've tried e-mailing Suspension Connection about picking up the
new tubular sway bar and they said that they don't carry it.
Can someone help? I want to get one.
Thank you

Suspension Connection.jpg

I ordered one from Summit on Monday, It was not in there system, but it is now PN 55906.
One is being drop shipped from Helwig for 236.39 + shipping.

I ordered one from Summit on Monday, It was not in there system, but it is now PN 55906.
One is being drop shipped from Helwig for 236.39 + shipping.

You got a good price on yours. I helped Suspension Connection stay in the black a bit longer..

BTW, anyone know if there's an interest out there to buy my old original/factory equipped front sway bar? I have the brackets and hardware for it as well.

Hey 340, did you ever get a chance to measure the width of you new REAR Helwig? It looks like it might fit an early A.

Hey 340, did you ever get a chance to measure the width of you new REAR Helwig? It looks like it might fit an early A.

No, I did not. Perhaps Dave from Hellwig could tell you whether it will fit.
I have to admit, I didn't install the rear one; I weenied out and had my garage guys do it.

The width of A bodies only changed in the front in 67', the rear axle width is the same 62-76.

First off, I have driven my car. It is night and day. The handling is better than expected.

Seondly, in regards to the Addco bar, the only bar that is any good is the 73-76 one that has the flat metal plates for the frame mounts. The 67-72 SUCKS. the frame mount is a joke. An L bracket with a vertical placement for the D-shaped bushing.....gimme a break. JUNK...JUNK .......JUNK.

BUT... I solved the front bracket problem by making a double bracket out of 1/4" angle so that both the top and bottom of the D-bracket is supported.

I solved the end-link-bad-angle-too-close-to-the-strut problem by fabbing up custom endlinks using rod ends.

Now the thing is dead tight and mucho robusto.

Next I need to apply some similar thinking to the rear bar components (though it hasn't manifested nearly as many problems).

Here's a shot of the rear one with degreaser suds dripping down from everything....

Just did the Hellwig(6907) rear bar install today. I had a couple questions so I called. It was very refreshing to actually talk to someone that has done the install! No waiting on hold,etc. BIG thumbs up to Hellwig for a quality piece and customer support to go with it!!!! If you're thinking of a sway bar addition or upgrade.....think Hellwig!!!

Just did the Hellwig(6907) rear bar install today. I had a couple questions so I called. It was very refreshing to actually talk to someone that has done the install! No waiting on hold,etc. BIG thumbs up to Hellwig for a quality piece and customer support to go with it!!!! If you're thinking of a sway bar addition or upgrade.....think Hellwig!!!

Thanks for the update!

Dave,
What is the price on the 69 plymouth barracuda sway bars?

Randy

Dave,
What is the price on the 69 plymouth barracuda sway bars?

Randy

We don't sell direct unless we are doing a group buy. P/N for the 69 Barracuda are as follows

55906 1-1/8" Tubular FSB 67-72 Mopar A-Body
6907 3/4" Adjustable RSB 67-72 Mopar A-Body

Our products can be purchased at Summit, SC&C, or Just Suspension to name a few.

That looks like top notch stuff. I need to figure out how I am going to get it now. :)

Can the brackets on the rear axle be welded on?

And on the front, my 73 didn't have a sway bar, does the kit come with everything to mount the bar anyway?

-
Back