HELP: 10" rear drums?

-

hogpowr

Reaction score
I need some help. Just bought a 68 Dart. It had no brakes when I bought it. I quickly found the leaking rear brake cylinder. The old drums were in horrible condition. I measure them at 10" inside diameter. They also have the small bolt pattern, 5x4. I ordered drums from my local parts store. they gave me the 9" drums which don't fit. They then sent me 10" drums but they are with the big bolt pattern. why does my dart have 10" drums with small bolt pattern when it appears everyone else has 9" drums. Where can I find 10" rear drums with small bolt pattern.

I really want to get the car running. Your help is appreciated!

i was looking for the same drums about a month ago. from what i could find 10 x 1.75 drums are no longer in production. i decided to convert to bbp and 11 x 2's

whitepunkonnitro might be able to help you find some. just send him a pm.

thanks. That isn't good news for me though. I'm trying to get it running for as cheap as possible. I"m going to totally convert the car to a track day car. But that is probably a year away and was hoping to drive it "as is" for the next year. Hopefully I can find 2 drums. one drum is usable if I have too and 1 drum was absolutely rotten. If I can find 1 drum, that would atleast get me back on the road for a while.

I found mine at a local restoration shop. I belive they came off a later model Duster. They look the same except for what he told me was a water seal where the drum has a flair on the inside. All else seems to work ok. Also when I was looking for these one of the guys At NAPA had told me to check the drums for a Duster. Hope this helps get you on the road.

Thanks for the help guys. It took a while, but I was able to find a pair locally.

-
Back