Help 360 2bbl tuning

-

1972orangebeast

Reaction score
Have a stock 360 out of a rv, motor starts right up, idles great, when you give it gas it falls on it's face but give it gas again it'll rev fine. When you drivin down road runs pretty well when your into the gas. I got it warm was able to drive down the road but after 5 mins started missing real bad also, and I didn't change anything.
Plugs are white I know it's lean but I can't get it to riches up! Any help on tuning the holley 2 bbl be great looks like part number is r7871a, newer stickers on the carb that states it's. A reman, the rv only had 50k miles on it also.

Cap looks brand new, new rotor button, plugs look new, wires looks new, my orange box is good, running 10 deg timing at idle

Thanks

have you tried to adjust the accelerator pump on the carb to give you more squirt?

also check the timing .....and the accelerator pump....

How do you adjust the pump? That's what I was trying to do, there's like 4 slots but if I put the rod in the other slots it doesn't even work :/ this two barrel is the one with the screws on top and comes apart that's way, not the holley that has the front bowl like their 4 bbl do

deleted........

i have a holley 2 barrel off my motorhome over in the shop....let me go see ..

Ok need help trying to make it to power tour in 4 days

Update timing is 14 at idle and 32 all way open
Plugs are white , meaning lean correct? Needles have been every adjustment from 1 1/2 to 6 turns out very little difference
When revs does have little backfire through exhaust

Thinking of rebuilding 2 bbl?

Or swapping to 4 barrels and have a 600 cfm holley carb ?

Also I am trying a tune up first, and I adjusted pump to shoot about twice what it was, plugs still white ( I let it get warm and reved it quite a bit) stumble is still there little better but still there

Also I have Doug's headers on motor if that affects it instead of stock manifolds

Sounds like a faulty accelerator pump. Have you actually looked into the carburetor to see if you have a good strong stream when you push the throttle back?

Yep it's spraying solid
Guy told me my headers might be leaning it out, it's a stick car so I think I'm going to try my torker 340 intake and 600 holley

Thanks for help, switched intake and put on a 670 holley and runs great, although had to take motor out for tranny issues fml oh well couple days left till power tour

-
Back