HELP 69 "Spring Special" have 67 rear window cranks?

-

MODTOP-Billy

Reaction score
OK I have got this 69 Barracuda spring special "Slickback" From what I have dug up these cars were end of the run
loaded with bling bling and dumped on dealers? This car is low options but loaded with trim.
Any info on spring specials or slick backs would he appreciated.
This one is green with white side stripes and a pearl white roof.

Here is my issue, the car is as stock as I have ever had, never even had an aftermarket radio, solid as a rock.

Gathering up parts before I blow it apart and I notice the rear window cranks do not match?

Did they use up old left over 67 parts on the 69? This is a small part, and the P.O. could have swapped them out.
How do I go back? I have several cranks and can go either way. This is going to be my 14-year-old grandsons' car.
Anyone else see this on spring specials? delux interior? all my other 68-69 Barracudas use the same crank front and rear.

This just looked odd to me, and I wanted to ask the experts what else is out there.
it's an allen screw but it is the little things that make us go uh?

I even tried to do a picture.

Thank yall in advance for any help.

BB

GREEN-BACK-WC.jpg

I sincerely doubt it came that way. It appears to have the deluxe interior. Have you asked the previous owner about the rear handles?

Those are 1966 window cranks. Probably swapped because the knob came off.

Another Gov. mandate in 68 to have rubber on the window crank so not to hurt anybody. I bought a new 68 Road Runner and the rubber knob kept coming off because the stud was too soft that held the rubber on. The 67 crank was a solid chrome handle that didn't fall off. I replaced mine with the 67 style cranks so I wouldn't have that problem anymore. Another innovation that was really never tested in real world cars.

Thank yall for the help, I will swap them out to known 69's
I have owned this car for 20 years now and never noticed the cranks are different. This is a spring special and a fastback with a Vinal top so it is a odd fish to start with.
It has been sitting, waiting on me to do something with it. I am getting the car to 100% complete then start a soft restoration and hopefully teach my 14-year-old grandson how to bag and tag.
More important make him understand why. I am just glad to have one grand say hey papa I would like to work on that one.

-
Back