Help.. 71 duster leaning

-

duster71_xt

Reaction score
my 71 duster seems to be tilting towards the drivers side in the front... I have recently replaced all 4 shocks as well as the leaf springs... not quite sure why it is still leaning. any suggestions?

Check your torsion bars, especially toward the end where they attach by the trans crossmember and make sure the mounting area hasn't rusted away.

Might be a broke bar as well. Have you driven it this way? If so is the ride real bumpy/bouncy?

what leaf springs did you use?

adjust the torsion bars?

hevent driven it in a while cause I was swapping out stuff out. I replaced my old leaf springs with hotchkis sports suspension.. I have not checked anything else but torsion bar is next on my list.. thanks guys!

Is the whole driver's side (front AND rear) leaning?

Or is it leaning ONLY on the front driver's side? Assuming you adjusted the torsion bars evenly, I noticed you made no mention of new front rubber; could be a shot lower control arm bushing.

Just hot home from work so tomorrow I will be checking all of the above and hope I won't have to shell out hundreds more to get her straight

Post a pic of what you are talking about. When someone says leaning I think of a serious lean. If you put super stock springs on and one side is slightly higher than the other, that could be normal.

my 71 duster seems to be tilting towards the drivers side in the front... I have recently replaced all 4 shocks as well as the leaf springs... not quite sure why it is still leaning. any suggestions?

If you notice a tilt in the front, there should be a rough equal tilt in the rear. That is, for example, if driver's side is down in the front, the passenger side in the rear should be roughly the same amount higher. And vice-versa. If so, that's a sign the issue can be easily corrected. Is that what you see?

-
Back