HELP 76 dart gas an temp gauges wont work!!!

-
You can repair broken traces easily. Cut out the damaged area with a razor knife. Apply some soldering flux, then with a small low temp iron, place a small drop of solder on the trace. Cut a lead off a resistor to bridge the gap, then solder it on. Resistor leads work perfect because they are already tinned and solder easily.
how big is the lead you cut and used in that pic? it looks huge. lol

Another good source for small gauge wire of this sort is plain ol' Ethernet cables. Should not be too hard to find one that is damage, doesn't work, or some scrap wire from a local telco outfit

soldered it got the connection and put the new volt regulator in but its WAAAY weak. so weak that they barely move. they do move BUT barely.

Get the cluster either on a bench so you can wire it up to a battery, or hanging out the dash, difficult. Measure the voltage from the battery connection to the VR and make sure it's same as battery voltage

What are you using for a VR?

That is, is this a quality "solid state" replacement, or a parts store deal, or what?

Did you check the other stuff in my earlier post no4?

I bought a vr from
autozone and it works but the break in the circuit board is making it work poorly. Gonna try the modern vr direction that poison dart showed me.

-
Back