help/advice 1980 dodge pickup drivetrain

-

cuda65vpt

cuda65vpt
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy/trade for a 1980 Pickup with a slant six and four speed tranny. I haven't seen it yet so don't know if it's a top-loader or what. Does anybody know if this tranny and engine will work in a 64 Valiant? The old 170 slant and three speed are about shot, they just refuse to die.

Yes, this combo should work. The transmission used in the trucks has the shifter mount in the correct place for an a-body.

the motor will for sure, with the right oil pan. I'm not sure about the trans. I'm sure somebody hear will know

1980 d150 pickup, slant six four speed. great body, no rust. engine is siezed. My buddy tells me that I can get an engine at the local pick-n-pull for $100. I also have a 318 poly sitting in my garage if I can find a bell housing and flywheel for it. My kid "borrowed" my camera so pics will come later.

If the shifter is built into the top of the tranny and an iron case, it's the granny gear truck transmission. If the tranny has shift levers on the side and an aluminum case, it is an OD 4 speed. Hope this helps.

-
Back