Help carb issues

-

69cuda340

Reaction score
hey guys i bought a brand new edelbrock 600cfm carb for my 340, bolted it on and it started right up problem is ,now that it sat for a few months she dont wanna startgas is present on fuel inlet when i pull fuel line but when i prime the carb i dont see fuel spraying into the intake anyone encounter this problem before any suggestions any help would be appreiciated my second problem is that i dont have the hardware and im not sure what to use to connect my kickdown linkage to this carb i already have the throttle bracket adapter but it didnt come with what i need thanks guys:toothy10:

Did you run stabilizer in gas when parked for a few months?The reason I ask is gas nowadays seems to go bad fairly quick,or you might have sucked up some dirt and plugged up jets?

it sounds like the pump discharge needle is stuck and no fuel is sent out of the squirters. You didn't indicate that it flooded so that is a good thing. You arre going to have to pull the metering rods and the top off the carb to see what is going on in there.

-
Back