Help, Console carpet coverage

-

tayres1

Reaction score
As you can see from the photos below there is a area at the bottom that needs carpet. If I just put carpet at the bottom it would be loose and sloppy looking. What solutions are available to fix this problem. I want it to be as show quality as possible. Thinking out side the box is good.

Attachments

• IMG_2161.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_2162.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2157.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2158.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 183
The carpet skirt for the console is bias cut so it wraps around, tucks into the lip around the console and glues to what flat surfaces they provided. And it lays properly because of the bias cut. Its cost is also due to the bias cut. Correct as possible is what it is.

I believe you can order if as part of the carpet kit for the car. I think I bought one for mine that was separate from the floor kit.

Did not like having any backing on the carpet when put the council in the Demon. Cut a section out of an old bumper cover warmed it with a heat gun and formed it to the desired shape.

I attached a portion of the console carpet with Velcro rather than glue, Just so I could move it out of my way to access the shift bezel lamp, rather than work around/under the carpet.

Whenever I buy carpet, I ask them to send an extra piece for the console. They usually send and charge for one yard.

You can try classic industry, they have a good selection of carpet.

You could try finding matching carpet and cut/lay it yourself.

Stock Interiors is the retail side of ACC Carpets, who apparently makes the majority of replacement carpet for the industry. I got mine from Stock Interiors, including the console piece, and I am very satisfied.

I got mine through Layson's when they had a deal on the back carpet for my 66. I ordered the Automatic console piece also. Worked great. I glued it into the groove of the console and the bottom end does just kinda lay on the floor carpet. Like RedFish said, it lays well cause it was designed for it.

Call Pro-fit in Alabama. Best prices on ACC and wonderfull service!

What I need now is to get some ideas how to enforce the area under the carpet skirt.

Pictures were not very good. I could not tell whether it was a stick or automatic, and I could not see that it was mentioned. The console skirts ARE available for automatic consoles, but I do not think they are available for 4-spd consoles. They are different due to the "4-spd Hump" in the floor. I made my own (4-spd console) by using light weight cardboard for a template. It looks pretty good, but I wish I could have bought one pre-made.

What I need now is to get some ideas how to enforce the area under the carpet skirt.

I suppose you could glue small pieces of hard board to the back of the carpet. It just not necessary. Must be hundreds of example pics in MaSnart 2nd gen fish thread here. I'm betting not one of those has anything more than what factory installed.

-
Back