help cooling

-

h340

Reaction score
i need help i am looking for a radiator for my 69 dart 340 4 speed my car is running too hot. does anyone know the best place to go??? also is there anyone who can build me a stock appearing aluminum radiator??

also who make the aluminum muscle car radiators mancini racing sells???

thanks chris

I had my stock 22" radiator re-cored in a "high flow" 2 core, flows the same as a 3 core, I also have a stock shroud, it ALL looks 100% original! I also run a high flow "flowkooler" water pump and a 180 degree stat. You can get good Aluminum rads from Mancini Racing that are good with the tank on the top, direct bolt in. Most alum rads in MY opinion look cheap, they also have tanks on the side and look like they are for a GM car. I would have your stock one rebuilt, it may cost a you a bit more but you be happy in the end!!

Picture 254.jpg

Picture 212.jpg

i need help i am looking for a radiator for my 69 dart 340 4 speed my car is running too hot. does anyone know the best place to go??? also is there anyone who can build me a stock appearing aluminum radiator??

also who make the aluminum muscle car radiators mancini racing sells???

thanks chris

Have a reputable rad shop flush and solder the rad of any leaks. I paid $60.00.

Flush block with stat out.

Replace stat with 180*. I drilled a 1/8" hole on the flange so not to trap air.

50/50 antifreeze mix.

RUN A SHROUD. Make one up if you have to. It will make a huge difference. I made my own.

DSCN0831 (Small).JPG

What mix of coolant are you running? Running a 50/50 mix of water and antifreeze reduces the temp more than just straight water. I also have Royal Purple "Purple Ice" additive in my car, you add it to the coolant and it protects also reduces the temp. There are other brands out there that help with this, I got mine at Napa.

I saw zero temperature change going from straight distilled water to 50/50. Runs just the same. I have a black alum radiator and HHR electric fan setup, so im not much help. 180 'hi flow' stat with a cavitation plate on a stock water pump

I inquired to mancini about them making me one. It is a fair price and they will send you a sheet to fill out so they have all the right specs.

I purchased the plain alum rad from Summit the direc fit.....far from direct fit then ordered the northern shroud to match the rad(summit rads are made by Northern) and got a mechanical fan set up for it.

Haven't gotten a chance to put it all together but hopefully will soon. I kind of wished i went with mancini because it may have been less of a headache being that it is supposed to bolt right in and the summit one requires fabbing

-
Back