Help decode a 67 Barracuda

-

38 Dodge

Reaction score
I jusst picked up a 67 Barracuda parts car and it has a V8 K frame 8 3/4 rear end and factory Tach. so I was wondering if it came this way or was it modified at some point iin its life.
the door tag reads BH29 E72 156438
the inner fender tag read
ab
64 47
F R T
7 1 7
AX TRM PNT UB S
48 H6R AA4QQ8
BH29 32 5 285 A21 25819

Does this make any sense to anyone?
Thanks for any help with this ID

Going by memory, but the 5th digit in the vin means 273 car, F7 is an "S" car, show some pics!! I will chk for a decoder

Here are the pictures I have; unfortunatly she has had a hard life - but I'm thinking of trying to put back together, I did not get a title with her all I got was a bill of sale so if I do put her back together she'll be a race car.

Attachments

• PC 1.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 320
  • PC 2.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 281
  • PC 3.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 300
  • PC 4.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 281
Yep a formula "S", yer right the poor ol gal is in rough shape. Any interior shots?? Here is the info

CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 273cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: D70x14 Red Sidewall, nylon belted
MODEL YEAR: 1967
BUILD DATE: October 21.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio, Sure Grip
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Red Interior.
PAINT: Silver Metallic (Dodge, Plymouth), Silver Mist Metallic (Chrysler, Imperial) w/ Racing Stripe
OTHER: Dark Red Metallic (Dodge, Plymouth), Ruby Red Metallic (Chrysler), Plum Red Metallic (Imperial) Upper Door Frame Color. Bright Blue Metallic (Dodge, Plymouth), Mediterranean Blue Metallic (Chrysler) Racing Stripe.
MOLDINGS:
ABC OPTIONS:
F7: Barracuda Formula S Package
R1: AM Radio
T7: Tachometer
abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
d4: Unknown Option
e7: Unknown Option

That is a shame that she has had to end up looking like she does. I'm going to try and put her back together after I get my other 67 done.

I dont see a stripe code. this would be best done with a picture of the tag. silver body with red interior and blue stripe, blue was not an option with red interior, only red or white. The rest of it seems ok save the abc codes are not complete. a6, b4 then just numbers un-associated with letter.

formula-s, 273 4bbl, 3.23 sure grip. does it have a 150 mph speedo also?

I has a 120 mph speedo with a Tach, I have listed everything that was on the tag. In person you can see faint lines down teh car.

I iwll keep you in mind but I am planing on installing it in my other 67 cuda.

-
Back