HELP! Duster body question.....

-

Mojoluv

Reaction score
I went and looked at a 71 340 Duster today. It appears to be a decent car. Shows EL5 on the tag but looked like black or dark green overspray under the package tray. The numbers on the radiator core support appear to match the tag and I could not tell if the car had had another rear clip put on it. My question is, would there be another place on the rear of a Duster where the numbers could be stamped? I dont want to spend my money on this thing if it has been clipped or rebodied. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ask the seller to show you the rear number?
I brought it up to the seller and he said that he purchased the car the way it is and he is not very knowledgeable about Mopars in general so he is pretty much clueless to numbers...

I "THINK" there are numbers on the package try itself, but not 100% sure
I have heard that before as well. I was trying to see if there were any from the bottom side and could not see any. May have to pull the package tray if this is the case but want to verify before going through all that. Seller was ok with doing whatever.

I just checked my 70 duster, the number is on the top side of the package tray near the driver side speaker cut-out.

There also should be one under the trunk weatherstrip

what mrbean said my 70 has the number on package tray on drivers side can see it from inside of trunk lay in there like you was installing drivers side speaker you should see it my 75 duster with laydown rear seat had the number in same location but was on a lip and could only be seen after removing package tray card board

Awesome guys! Thanks. Like I said, I tried to see this one from the bottom but didnt see it but I didnt really know where to look. I will check it out there and see if I can spot it. I am assuming that a 70 and 71 would be in the same location.

-
Back