Help! Fuel gauge

-

68coupe

Reaction score
I'm trying to help a long-distance friend with 74 Scamp problems. The dash gauges are all fried or broken (missing needles). Does anybody know of a particular fuel gauge that is compatible with the Mopar sending unit?
For now, he just wants to get a 3 gauge unit and mount under the dash. Thanks

Thats going to be a rough one, because even though they may say it's compatible with that sender it may read differently.
There are calibrating units available that you can set to make any sender work with any gauge though.
I just don't remember where they came from.

http://www.autozone.com/gauges-and-...-level-gauge-for-ford-and-chrysler/39165_0_0/

I have one of these was fitted when I bought the car seams to work fine ( I've sanded and painted the aluminum flat black looks way better )

This was the exact gauge I got and it read 1/4 tank when empty with the stock sender and the correct ohm rating, even though the original gauge was accurate with the stock and working sender.
I replaced the sender with a new one and it got pretty close to accurate.
At about 2 needle widths above the empty mark is actually empty now.

That's why I say it's kind of a crap shoot.

This was the exact gauge I got and it read 1/4 tank when empty with the stock sender and the correct ohm rating, even though the original gauge was accurate with the stock and working sender.

Thanks Guys! That at least gives me a starting point on the 10-73 ohm range. I know what to look for now.

Guess I'll find out soon enough now it's warm again tanks getting low so might fill a can just in case never run it below a 1/4 so couldn't say where empty is exactly.

-
Back