Help - fuel pump leak - help

-

Robb

Reaction score
Help!!!! I am stuck out in the barracuda with a leaking fuel pump. Everything I know, and the couple of car buddies I called says that I should be good to drive it the 15 miles home and fix it there...

ANYONE ELSE HAVE DIFFERENT ADVICE?

I could change a fuel pump at the curb. I would do that or have it towed home. Fire insurance is good to have but nobody wants to use it.
If choose to get a fuel pump and some tools to the car... remove neg. battery cable. Set the altenater out of the way and have at it.

Thanks for the reply RedFish.... I just made it home with it leaking. I like your suggestion best, but I had to make a big decision and the car was in a bad place at a bad time. I feel I got lucky there were no fires and the pump didn't just go out completly!!!

Anyone know if it is common for them to leak prior to going out? Do they have a weep hole like a water pump?? Just courious...

Yeah they have a weep hole or atmospheric vent anyway ( same difference ). It could dump fuel in the crackcase too.

Yes, I have heard the crank case thing before... I better change the oil right away!

I had to do a pump change at the curb last year, 15 minutes to change it out...3 hours waiting for the wife to find one on a Sat afternoon and bring it by LOL.
AL

I found a replacement at Advance Auto.... anyone have any experiance with AIRTEX / AIRTEC brand???

-
Back